[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK vs nit

• RasTweet
      Hey guys I'm back PS gave me 50Dollar extra on party since I lost all in FT.
      Villain 9/9/80 hands
      Since he is playing not many hands and he raises usually tells me that my AK is flirting with his range. he checks the flop so I wanna have a go for the pot but then the turn he check/raises me. Don't know what to do now.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Party
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2.41)
      UTG ($4.09)
      UTG+1 ($1.83)
      UTG+2 ($2.04)
      MP1 ($0.96)
      CO ($2)
      Hero ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 7:heart: 8:club: 2:diamond:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG+2 calls $0.14

TURN ($0.47) 7:heart: 8:club: 2:diamond: 4:spade:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.33, UTG+2 raises to $1.08, Hero folds

UTG+2 wins $1.08
  • 2 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Doing a hand for BSS Beginners course homework

Pre-flop: You really should have raised to find out what he has, if he has a big hand he will 4-bet you and then you can just fold your AK, if he calls then we can put him on a higher range at least.

Flop: The board is so dry, it's very unlikely he hit something, right now if you had 3-bet him pre-flop and he called you, you can discount that he hit a set. In his 8c raise there might have been a pocket pair like 88. Your bet size is good 2/3 of the pot, sounds good enough for me.

Turn: is a blank, so he checks and you go in for a bet and he pops you up. So he either is bluffing or he does have a hand, and I wouldn't think that such a tight player would be bluffing so you have to know you are beat and have to fold, what you did and that's good. He might have been slow playing you with a big pocket pair because of the dry flop and you wouldn't be in such a spot if you had 3-bet him pre-flop. AK is a good hand don't worry to 3-bet with it, if he 4-bets you then you find an easy fold or he folds his hand.
    • veriz
      Hello RasTweet,

Well, if you get already called on flop then rather just Check it behind, there is no point to 2nd barrel anymore. He could easily even be trapping you. :)

But also against those kind of opponents I sometimes even just Check behind. I mean if he doesn't have a hand he wont bet anyways and with AK you are ahead most often with A high. But sometimes they like to play this way traps even if they don't CBet into 1 opponent but while having huge CBet.

And of course welcome back to the Poker World. :>

Best Regards.