NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.40)
      BB ($11.44)
      UTG ($9.84)
      UTG+1 ($10.28)
      CO ($12.05)
      Hero ($10.33)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $0.91, Hero raises to $2.40, BB calls $1.49

FLOP ($4.85) T:club: 7:heart: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4.85) T:club: 7:heart: T:diamond: 5:diamond:

BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

RIVER ($9.85) T:club: 7:heart: T:diamond: 5:diamond: 3:heart:

BB bets $6.54 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $9.20
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Well, depends how many hands do you had on him? Of course the 4bet is considerable if you had good sample. :) Or good reads.

Although as played I don't really see why you ain't betting the flop? I mean you still need to find out where you stand, don't ya? ;) And also protect your hand from overcards.

Best Regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      137..not large sample...but he 3bets a lot..i really dont know with wich cards he would do that...
      Because probably not worse hands could call me and better dont fold...:) and dont wanna really built the pot..
      Do you call for given odds, probably yes huh?
      When do you advice to 4bet people?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Do you call for given odds, probably yes huh?

Well, not really. According to that kind of play it's rather beat hand. He most likely was trapping you.

When do you advice to 4bet people?

• One of the spots when to 4bet is that you have something like AT or exactly the hand you had right now. Which means you have a blocker in the hand.
      • You expect them to 3bet very light.
      • You expect them to fold to your 4bets very often and continue only with very strong holdings.
      • You have a good sample size. Even the 137 hands ain't the greatest one I would say, would definitely depend on the table dynamics.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Well, not really. According to that kind of play it's rather beat hand. He most likely was trapping you.
      I don't think that here are people capable of trapping very often...Maybe he just tought: "good odds to call with JQ" and then: "He checks, he has overcards." :D

[*] One of the spots when to 4bet is that you have something like AT or exactly the hand you had right now. Which means you have a blocker in the hand.

[*] You expect them to 3bet very light. (How % of 3bet from position must he has that we think that he 3bet us light..over 10?)?

[*] You expect them to fold to your 4bets very often and continue only with very strong holdings. What about if they are maniacs...i met players who shoved J4s an K5o in their shove over mine 4bet?

[*] You have a good sample size. Even the 137 hands ain't the greatest one I would say, would definitely depend on the table dynamics.[/list]

And another question...do you think that regs often 3bet bluff us from blinds if we raise from hijack or cutoff? And if you advice doing that sometimes against regs?

And just one more...do you advice squezing light oop/ip if they are 2 regs on nl10?

TY :D :D :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I don't think that here are people capable of trapping very often...Maybe he just tought: "good odds to call with JQ" and then: "He checks, he has overcards."

Why not? I would say pretty standard line from them to take here. He is not shipping with worse here. :) Maybe even Tx.

(How % of 3bet from position must he has that we think that he 3bet us light..over 10?)?

Over 10 is good, although once again sample size is important. I'd prefer to have at least 200. Depending on the actions/image and on the opponent we might reduce it.

What about if they are maniacs...i met players who shoved J4s an K5o in their shove over mine 4bet?

Well, A7o ain't a hand which we gonna pick to go broke against them. :D

And another question...do you think that regs often 3bet bluff us from blinds if we raise from hijack or cutoff? And if you advice doing that sometimes against regs?

Not on those limits. Rather nope. But of course it's more likely in SH than FR. Really depends on the opponent and table dynamic. That's why you play SH, ain't it? To watch the opponents play and postflop play. ;)

And just one more...do you advice squezing light oop/ip if they are 2 regs on nl10?

Well, depends how light. What kind of cards are in your mind? I'd still advice to have some kind of equity against their calling range. Not with something like 57o. :D
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      What about if they are maniacs...i met players who shoved J4s an K5o in their shove over mine 4bet?

Well, A7o ain't a hand which we gonna pick to go broke against them. :D
      Good advice :D I have TT/99+ and AJ/AQ+ in my mind :f_biggrin:

Not on those limits. Rather nope. But of course it's more likely in SH than FR. Really depends on the opponent and table dynamic. That's why you play SH, ain't it? To watch the opponents play and postflop play. ;)
      True. Maybe HEM shows you somewhere from which position are you 3bet and how light?

Well, depends how light. What kind of cards are in your mind? I'd still advice to have some kind of equity against their calling range. Not with something like 57o. :D [/quote]I have blockers in my mind :f_biggrin: Do you advice doing that OOP on those limits? It's hard for me to play AK/QQ if someone squeeze i prefer calling but I really don't know if that's the best option. How much squeeze % must somebody have to squezze "light"?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      True. Maybe HEM shows you somewhere from which position are you 3bet and how light?

Well the position stats for 3bet. :)

I have blockers in my mind fish biggrin Do you advice doing that OOP on those limits? It's hard for me to play AK/QQ if someone squeeze i prefer calling but I really don't know if that's the best option. How much squeeze % must somebody have to squezze "light"?

Well, it's not only the squeeze stat but also table dynamics how many hands you have on him. Practically many different kind of things. Pretty standard squeeze would be ~7 or something similar. So pretty much the same as with 3bet 10+.