[NL2-NL10] NL10 hero call?

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      vs. 17/10/inf
      do you think he is ever bluffing here?
      probably not because board is sooo wet. probably has 2pair, set, straight or...nothing :)
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.05)
      BB ($8.85)
      UTG ($10.59)
      UTG+1 ($10.26)
      CO ($9.56)
      BTN ($10.47)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 7:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) 6:diamond: 9:heart: 5:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($1.50) 6:diamond: 9:heart: 5:spade: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

RIVER ($3.50) 6:diamond: 9:heart: 5:spade: 3:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $2.62, Hero folds

BB wins $3.27
  • 4 replies
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      I don't see how you can even consider calling here really. I mean he's showing real strength, and I think he probably hit a set on the flop, or perhaps A9? Not the spot to call with Q8 high.

One thing I would say is make it more pre-flop - at least 40c with one limper before you, makes the odds to good for your opponents and you end up multi-way a lot.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Scooney
      I don't see how you can even consider calling here really. I mean he's showing real strength, and I think he probably hit a set on the flop, or perhaps A9? Not the spot to call with Q8 high.

One thing I would say is make it more pre-flop - at least 40c with one limper before you, makes the odds to good for your opponents and you end up multi-way a lot.
      hahahah sorry wrong hand:D
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I prefer cbetting on the flop. This way you might make him bet with no hand, but he'll probably have overcards and he'll be able to see the river.

As played, on the turn he could have 9x, TT-JJ, straight, 2p, SD + pair... Without knowing more of the opponent, I'd just c/f.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Don't like the Check/Call on flop at all. While you even didn't give any reason for it than it should be pretty standard CBet for us. :) And then reevaluate further actions.

But as played well, obviously he could be bluffing. :D You turned your hand into bluff-catcher and for that you should really rather know yourself what kind of opponent were you against, was he able to bluff and etc. Most likely he was even bluffing here since it was a good card on river to bluff and he can't really represent much than just very strong set or something similar. Any 9x or something similar would Check behind.

Best Regards.