This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 QQ in SB

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Silver
      Known players:      
      Hero:
      $21,34
      CO:
      $14,67

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,75) 8:diamond: , 6:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, CO raises to $4,50, Hero calls $2,75.

Turn: ($12,75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($12,75) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $18,75

Results follow (highlight to see):

CO shows a pair of kings (Ks Kc)
      Hero shows (Qs Qc)

CO wins with a pair of kings (Ks Kc)

I raised with queens in SB, and then CO raised me, to my surprise. I thought about raising but just called. He then re-raised me again on the flop and I had him on a pair, just didn't think he would just call with a bigger pair than QQ preflop. I was stealing blinds quite a lot, so I guess my image was a bit loose. On the turn there were also strong straight possibilities, but I didn't give him any credit for that. Could I have played this hand better?
  • 2 replies
    • noelga
      noelga
      Bronze
      I think there's no need to donkbet this flop after that preflop action that usually means monster hand.

I think I should proceed WA/WB calling 2 barrels and probably fold to a 3rd big barrel.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noelga
      I think there's no need to donkbet this flop after that preflop action that usually means monster hand.

I think I should proceed WA/WB calling 2 barrels and probably fold to a 3rd big barrel.
      +1
      I like that line
      limp/min-raise is so many times monster that you should play quite careful even having overpair on low board.
      If he pots the turn you can even consider c/f, since he has there AA quite often.