wizo656
      Gold
      Known players:      
      Hero:
      $21,34
      CO:
      $14,67

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB folds, CO raises to $1,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,75) 8:diamond: , 6:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, CO raises to $4,50, Hero calls $2,75.

Turn: ($12,75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($12,75) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3, Hero calls $3,00.

Final Pot: $18,75

Results follow (highlight to see):

CO shows a pair of kings (Ks Kc)
      Hero shows (Qs Qc)

CO wins with a pair of kings (Ks Kc)

I raised with queens in SB, and then CO raised me, to my surprise. I thought about raising but just called. He then re-raised me again on the flop and I had him on a pair, just didn't think he would just call with a bigger pair than QQ preflop. I was stealing blinds quite a lot, so I guess my image was a bit loose. On the turn there were also strong straight possibilities, but I didn't give him any credit for that. Could I have played this hand better?
  • 2 replies
    • noelga
      noelga
      Bronze
      I think there's no need to donkbet this flop after that preflop action that usually means monster hand.

I think I should proceed WA/WB calling 2 barrels and probably fold to a 3rd big barrel.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noelga
      I think there's no need to donkbet this flop after that preflop action that usually means monster hand.

I think I should proceed WA/WB calling 2 barrels and probably fold to a 3rd big barrel.
      +1
      I like that line
      limp/min-raise is so many times monster that you should play quite careful even having overpair on low board.
      If he pots the turn you can even consider c/f, since he has there AA quite often.