This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL20 AJo vs 2 callers

• VipKen
      VipKen
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.70) Unknown
      BB ($5.99)
      UTG ($32.88)
      Hero ($7)
      BTN ($21.36) VPIP=47/PFR=9 (sample 110 hands)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($2) 9:club: 7:heart: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, SB folds, Hero ???

I get AJo in CO position, so this is a standard raise. BU and SB decide to call. My hand doesn't improve on the flop, so I decide to check, hoping to get a free card on the turn that could improve my hand. Also I see that SB is shortstack. When SB would call a cbet he's committed. But if SB shoves I would have to call too.

BU donks 3/4 pot, SB checks and there I am not knowing what to do ... :s_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Why would you ever check/call here? I just think it is either a cBet spot if you think you find sufficient FEQ on the Flop.
      Or I just check/fold because A9/J9/97 are hands that still own you when you connect on the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • VipKen
      VipKen
      Bronze
      So you would cbet this flop with only 2 overcards in a 3-way pot against unknowns? I don't like to do that with only AJo, which is trash on such flop. I'd rather try to get a free card here.

Also when you cbet the flop, what would be your action on the turn?