A Journey to New Zealand accompanied by Super Turbo SNG's! Going from 80$ to 1000$!

• Alkaseltzer
      Alkaseltzer
      Bronze
      My Trip to Auckland, NZ and the Super Turbos

6-seated Super Turbo SNG's

Starting BR: 80$
      BR at the moment: 278.05$ - 02/10/2011
      Buy-in: 10.60$
      Goal: 1000$

About me and my trip:

Hey there, my name's Nick and I'm 20 years old. I'm from Switzerland and have been playing online poker for some years now. However, I never knew in what kind of poker I should specialize... so I've been playing SNG's for some time, then switched to Tourneys and Cash games. That being said, I've gone broke multiple times so I did multiple breaks aswell.
      Other than that, I try to do as much workout as possible and I love the satisfaction I get from the gym.

After finishing my economics school and work in Switzerland I wanted to go abroad and travel to get away from the boring daily life. So here I am, studying english in Auckland, New Zealand. At the end of the adventure I'll get the CAE Cambridge certificate to pimp up my Curriculum ;-)
      I found this journey to be an ideal opportunity to start over with online poker combined with creating a blog about it.
      The blog will help me staying honest to myself aswell as motivating me to achieve my goals.

Having deposited at 888 Poker, I stumbled upon the Super Turbos and I've been quite successful so far. I followed a very agressive BRM of 30 Buy-ins, starting with 80$.

You can expect to see some of the beauties of New Zealand in this blog and follow me on my journey and progress. I'm going to stay in NZ until the 12th of december if I can't extend my stay. I'll keep this blog up to date every day, including graphs of my Holdem Manager and statistics.

I am glad for every advice I get that helps me improve my decisions!
  • 7 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      You've picked a pretty solid time to be in Auckland... it's gonna be nuts around the place for the next three weeks!

GL with the SNG grindaments!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      where's that photo taken? welcome to Auckland!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there Nick,

Welcome to our blog section and good luck to you! :)

Your account seems to be half finished, could you please take a look at the tickets I've sent you here and make sure to follow the instructions? Ticket 1 and Ticket 2

Ingrid
    • Alkaseltzer
      Alkaseltzer
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thanks =)

Yes it is indeed nuts in Auckland at the moment because of the rugby world cup! Every weekend the fanzone near the harbour is filled with crowds of supporters.. and a lot of people getting drunk :P

The picture was taken at the sky tower souvenir shop.

I can't post pictures directly? Maybe cause it's a basic account?

I still gotta take the quiz... but it's too bad I registered at 888 poker without using the PS-code.. so i'm not getting tracked :(

Playing a couple of games at the moment and I'll give the infos later.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alkaseltzer
      Hey guys, thanks =)

Yes it is indeed nuts in Auckland at the moment because of the rugby world cup! Every weekend the fanzone near the harbour is filled with crowds of supporters.. and a lot of people getting drunk :P

The picture was taken at the sky tower souvenir shop.

I can't post pictures directly? Maybe cause it's a basic account?

I still gotta take the quiz... but it's too bad I registered at 888 poker without using the PS-code.. so i'm not getting tracked :(

Playing a couple of games at the moment and I'll give the infos later.
      Hi there Alkaseltzer,

Indeed its unfortunate that you didn't track your 888Poker account via Pokerstrategy.com but you can still receive the free $50 starting capital at another poker room. Available poker rooms which offers the free $50: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/

You may wish to only play at 888Poker but it doesn't hurt to try another poker room with free money!

Let us know how you get on!
      Ingrid
    • Alkaseltzer
      Alkaseltzer
      Bronze
      Hey IngridN,

yes i might want to play on pokerstars aswell for the better traffic... so ye will do the quiz probably tomorrow.. it's late now.

Update:
      I had some rough games yesterday and I really think it's all about the mindset... for some reason I sometimes have situations where i play online poker because there's nothing else to do and it's boring... so online poker would entertain me, but then it's not my A-Game and i tend to lose concentration, getting angry sometimes cause i think i'm never getting good cards etc... I noticed that's very dangerous for my bankroll.
      I went down to 120$ yesterday but was able to control myself and managed getting up again to 329$ right now so I'm really relieved, thought for a moment that I could forget about this project there...

Obviously, grinding super turbo sng's can be very swingy and with an agressive BRM it's probably risky. I think I'll set a rule for myself to stop playing when I lose three times in a row for example... because it often happens, that I am running hot for some games, winning easily and feeling very comfortable but I don't know when to stop. I think to myself I could always play this good and have that much luck every time so at some point I suddenly start dropping... letting my emotions take over, trying to do up the losses and then I tilt... :f_biggrin:

I shotted the 20$ sng's and I can't feel much of a difference going from 10 to 20's yet... was quite successful so far i think. I'd love to post a graph or pictures from NZ but somehow posting direct images is not possible using the BBcode? could that be because I got a basic account?

If pictures won't work, a video has to do. I'm the guy on the right seat, especially check my mates changing face expression at 55 seconds :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alkaseltzer
      Hey IngridN,

yes i might want to play on pokerstars aswell for the better traffic... so ye will do the quiz probably tomorrow.. it's late now.
      Im superhappy for that but we don't offer the free $50 on PokerStars. :(
      But the good news is, we can advice you on what poker room should you try if you post here: Choosing the right Poker Room for you! :) looking forward!