[NL2-NL10] Flop raise

• Bogdan1190
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, BU raises to $0,20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,43) A:heart: , 8:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,43, Hero raises to $1,29, BU raises to $1,74 (All-In), Hero calls $0,45.

Turn: ($3,91) 3:spade:
      River: ($3,91) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,91

Is it ok to try to get it all in on the flop ? he 3-bet me pre-flop and i thought he was on a strong hand QQ+ if he doesn't have AA or AK im ok... what do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Preflop: Well, what's the reason for Calling the 3bet? Without knowing the opponent I wouldn't even Call it here. At the best it's for us a coinflip. But while you even don't know the opponent and will be playing OOP it will be pretty hard for us to play the hand profitable.

As played
      Postflop: Well, of course I don't like that Check/Raise at all either. I mean even if he has QQ/KK he will never continue with them if you raise here. Rather Call and reevaluate further streets. But if you put him on such a hand then you can never-ever Call preflop, it would be not profitable in long run.

Best Regards.