This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Flop raise

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $1,94

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, BU raises to $0,20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,43) A:heart: , 8:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,43, Hero raises to $1,29, BU raises to $1,74 (All-In), Hero calls $0,45.

Turn: ($3,91) 3:spade:
      River: ($3,91) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,91

Is it ok to try to get it all in on the flop ? he 3-bet me pre-flop and i thought he was on a strong hand QQ+ if he doesn't have AA or AK im ok... what do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Preflop: Well, what's the reason for Calling the 3bet? Without knowing the opponent I wouldn't even Call it here. At the best it's for us a coinflip. But while you even don't know the opponent and will be playing OOP it will be pretty hard for us to play the hand profitable.

As played
      Postflop: Well, of course I don't like that Check/Raise at all either. I mean even if he has QQ/KK he will never continue with them if you raise here. Rather Call and reevaluate further streets. But if you put him on such a hand then you can never-ever Call preflop, it would be not profitable in long run.

Best Regards.