[NL2-NL10] NL10 - 65s flop set but ugly turn card

• yayasarika
      Ongame Network $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1465281
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $12.18
      UTG: $22.36
      UTG+1: $4.97
      MP1: $7.22
      MP2: $19.93
      CO: $9.72
      BTN: $9.80
      Hero (SB): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 6 :spade: 5 :spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.40) 5 :diamond: 5 :club: 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.30, BB calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.00) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $2.50 all in

River: ($20.00) 2 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

villain is completely unknown

pf: I thought he only do this with really strong hands so for only 3bb I get very good implied, because Im expecting him to go broke on a lot of boards, especially on boards that I can hit really well.

f: perfect for me I'm hoping to go broke here but he just call.

t: terrible turn card because the AA is def in his range and kings/queens are now less likely t pay me off.

So what do I do here? hoping he would play this way with Ax type of hands and go broke? or?
  • 4 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      I don't think he has AA from how he played pre-flop and flop.

I would of played the same. He could have AK AQ mabey QQ.
      he could have A9 and go broke but it not likley.

And if he has poket 99 and he is slow playing a full house that just bad luck :)

Could you post what he had in a spoiler type comment?

• sausage646
      I would probably check raise turn, since if he did float AK,AQ, Ax club hands
      he would bet the turn for value and protection. + its a good bluffing card, and since you would show weakness he probably would bet...
      And if he had TT-KK he would probably check behind and you can than value bet river and he will most likely call.
    • yayasarika
      Hey guys,

Thanks for the input.

Sausage646: I like your idea to check raise because as you said I keep worse hands in the pot and if he bets he is pretty much pot committed.

Here is what he had:

A :club: A :spade:

• veriz
      Hello yayasarika,

Flop: Well, you could actually even Check/Raise it bigger here ~$2,60 or even few cents more. So you could even able to ship it directly. But of course for the few cents it shouldn't be that big difference.
      Turn: But the question here is how to play the hand. I mean if the guy has something like TT-KK would he continue here? Your bet also looks kinda strong and he most likely only beats bluffs. One option would be of course let him decide over the pot and maybe even ship with hands like TT-KK but meanwhile the question is if we should let him catch the flushdraw for free. If you rather think that the guy is on FD then I'd still make a 2nd barrel although I'd rather Bet ~$3 or something similar to induce maybe even him to continue with those smaller PPs as well. Or either way Check/Raise if you rather consider him having some kind of PP which may just fold to your bet size.

Of course we ain't planning to fold the hand anyways for the play you took preflop. :P As you went for your implied odds.

Best Regards.