[NL2-NL10] NL4 - QQ value bet river on A board

• yayasarika
      yayasarika
      Bronze
      Ongame Network $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1465288
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP1: $1.23
      MP2: $7.20
      CO: $4.10
      BTN: $4.02
      SB: $7.92
      BB: $4.13
      UTG: $2.36
      Hero (UTG+1): $4.00
      UTG+2: $3.57

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, UTG+2 calls $0.16, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.16, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.16, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.70) 7 :club: J :heart: 5 :heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, BTN folds

Turn: ($1.70) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

River: ($1.70) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, UTG+2 calls $1.10

utg2: very passive calling station only played 10 hands but he limped half of them and called down to showdown a few times. The hand before he checked down TPTK heads up without a single value bet.
      mp2: LAG
      btn: TAGish player

F: I bet for value and protections, I hope that the stations has hit some pair and the other two will fold.
      I put the stations on mostly a J here but small pockets pairs, pairs+the flush or straight draw is possible.

T: I'm not rally sure if he has an ace in his range but I don't really want to play for stack on this board now so I check and on a blank river ill value bet.
      Down side is that I don't protect against possible draws here.

R: no "possible" draw hit so I make a value bet against his pocket pairs, Jx,7x,5x possible hands that I think he would call.

Is my line and my bet-sizes good here?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yayasarika,

Well, what's your plan on turn then? Do you really want to just Check/Fold it there? I'd rather Bet/Fold it and again protection from any kind of draws and make it for free showdown.

But as played I'd still bet the flop bigger ~$0,60+. Well, as played I don't really understand what's the idea behind betting the river if you didn't even want to protect your hand on turn. Rather bet it on turn for protection. Of course it could be possible for him to have any worse Jx but as well JT. :)

Best Regards.