This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH Turn vs MidStacker

• EdVardenis
      EdVardenis
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.25)
      Hero ($55.38)
      UTG ($90.95)
      UTG+1 ($56.47)
      CO ($18.79)
      BTN ($44)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.25) J:spade: 5:spade: 2:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero raises to $4, BTN calls $2.75

TURN ($10.25) J:spade: 5:spade: 2:heart: 8:heart:

Hero bets $6, BTN raises to $14

Originally opponent is a pro short/mid stacker.
  • 2 replies
    • noelga
      noelga
      Bronze
      Any stats? AF? ATS? Foldto3bet?

If foldto3bet is >60 i should 3bet that miniraise.

As played preflop I prefer check/call, check/raise. (but i like your raise flop too)
      As played flop I think u have no FE on the turn if u 3bet-push, so u can call and donkB river if u hit.

Surely not a balanced play but this is what u have. :f_grin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call is also fine with T9s pf. I´d rather take QJ to 3-bet for value, than T9s that is likely dominated if get called.
      Like your c/r on the flop and I think I would rather c/rai on the turn with my equity.
      Not sure how much he would float you, but he might easily b/f turn his Jx hands, since it just seem so strong.

As played:
      If he is ever raise/folding turn (meaning bluffraise smt like AsQh for example) you should shove that spot since you have sometimes fold equity+you don´t have to make your hand to take down pot

If he would always raise/call for value then b/c turn (since you have around 30%+ equity with oesd+fd) and shove if flush gets there and c/rai if 7 comes. With Q you can either c/rai or shove depending how light you think he raised you on the turn. IF he raised smt like AJ, he might easily check behind for free showdown.

Math behind b/c turn.
      You need to call 8 into 30, getting 3.75:1, needing to have 21% equity.
      With flushdraw you already have over 20%+ oesd another 6 outs. So imo you can´t really b/f turn getting direct pot odds.