[Application] 100 $10.50 HU KO stake

• thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Hi

I am applying fro a stake for a set of 100 $10.50 HU KO scheduled MTTs on PokerStars

My username on Stars is ThAzArKK

The deal is 70/30 in favour of staker + stake back.

The stake back is on each tournament basis (ie the first $10.50 won goes back to staker and further winnings are shared on a 70/30 ratio).

my feedback thread

I will keep a railing thread with detail of each tourney if you want to rail.

Thazar's HU KO railing thread

depending on how often they run and how they fill up and different family commitment i would hope to complete the stake in 10-20 days. I will play only if playing my A game and will not communicate while at the tables (HU requires a lot of focus)

anything else please ask ;)

Thazar
  • 19 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Here is the graph on my HU SNG so far

they are mostly 3.5s but the couple of $10.5 shoutout I have played. I have found them quite soft and this is the lowest BI for this format and do not have the roll for it.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      how many BIs you need? :)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      It would be the full stake for 100BI
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Really? Why so much? 20-25 BIs should be enough for HU Sngs.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      they are not SNG they are scheduled MTTs HU with 50% of BI going to KO pool and 50% to prize pool. upto 256 players and if full top 8 get a portion of the prize pool and winner gets $320 + bounties. variance might be higher. I was going to ask for a lower BI but was advised to ask for the full stake upfront in case staker goes away or for whatever reason can't provide for the rest of the stake which makes sense.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      oh ok, it's not mentioned that it's MTT :) Tho, having KO in HU Sng doesn't make sense, could have figured that :f_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      edited OP to make it clearer (hopefully) :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      oh ok, it's not mentioned that it's MTT :) Tho, having KO in HU Sng doesn't make sense, could have figured that :f_biggrin:

Actually, it does.

Since it's 256 players max and only top8 get paid, this way everyone who wins one shootout and moves on get half a BI per shootout won.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

Actually, it does.

Since it's 256 players max and only top8 get paid, this way everyone who wins one shootout and moves on get half a BI per shootout won.
      What Bigniux meant was that it did not make sense to be STT KO
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Because you have made stakeback on an individual tourney basis youd need an roi of approximately 40% to make this profitable for the staker... Normal stakeback with 50/50 profits split is much much better imo.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

Actually, it does.

What Bigniux meant was that it did not make sense to be STT KO
      Oh.. yeah, that doesn't make sense..
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      Because you have made stakeback on an individual tourney basis youd need an roi of approximately 40% to make this profitable for the stakee... Normal stakeback with 50/50 profits split is much much better imo.
      fixed. his offer was 70/30 in favor of staker.

Can I ask why you believe you need 100 BIs for this?
      I seriously doubt you need more than 75BIs. Its gonna be pretty hard to get $1050 from someone.

$787 is gonna be a fair bit easier. You might also want to consider splitting the BIs in half and having two stakers with the same terms.

so 2 people stake you for $393.75 each. Just a thought. Because of the reduced exposure for the staker, you could also reduce the margin for the staker by a small amount (eg do 65/35).
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      Originally posted by Jan217
      Because you have made stakeback on an individual tourney basis youd need an roi of approximately 40% to make this profitable for the stakee... Normal stakeback with 50/50 profits split is much much better imo.
      fixed. his offer was 70/30 in favor of staker.

Can I ask why you believe you need 100 BIs for this?
      I seriously doubt you need more than 75BIs. Its gonna be pretty hard to get $1050 from someone.

$787 is gonna be a fair bit easier. You might also want to consider splitting the BIs in half and having two stakers with the same terms.

so 2 people stake you for $393.75 each. Just a thought. Because of the reduced exposure for the staker, you could also reduce the margin for the staker by a small amount (eg do 65/35).

I don't mid sharing the stake to up to 2 people. After it might get confusing :f_biggrin:

about the stake, I seeked advice before / while requesting it and it does make sense to request the 100BI for 2 reasons:

1) it is very unlikely that I will need even the 75 Bi but there is always that remote chance. And if the 100Bi were to be needed there is no question whether or not they gonna be available when needed.

2) The backer (s) will be in fact staking me for 100 individual MTT as such so it does make sense to receive the BI for those tourmaments. Otherwise I might as well request for 75 MTTs.

you can always add me through the community and we can discuss tailor the deal if necessary.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      At first I thought it was a bad stake for 11$'s for a 4$ buyin player. But then I remembered the format of these. Its basically 5$ sng's in a larger 5$ mtt elimination hu tourney which should attracts the fish.

Its hard to make profit staking hu sng's with only 70% returns in 10-20% roi games but I like the stakeback after each game thing.

My only problem is I dont have a huge roll on stars if thats how we do this I can stake you for 50% of this if you find another
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I think it would be SO much easier to get staking if the staker could just top up ur roll if needed and let u start with 20 buyins or so :) . Also if u gave stakeback for the entire 100 mtt block instead of each individual game.

I mean ur gonna be talking on skype with him once a day or two anyways. Atleast that's what i've done when staking/being staked.

Just had to throw in my 2c cus i think it's actually a rly good deal :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Its a much eaiser deal liek that for sure. But if you're selling x% and have multiple investors then it gets very confusing. If one person wants to take the lot then they can sort that out between themselves, but whilst its opening to multiple backers buying %'s I think its alot better to get the full stake and this happens on almost every stakign forum I've seen.

If you are looking for a longer term backer then its a totally different thing and ofc the backer will just send you chunks at once.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      I think I'd like to take the other 50% with TargetMe if you haven't arranged for this already but it would be good to talk to you two guys on skype about just settling up at the end of the deal. As ihufa said, it's gonna get a bit complicated/messy if we're talking every other day and shipping money back and forth.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Just a quick update that We agreed to a stake with Dylboy. The stake is slightly different from what was originally requested as it is includes HU SNG as well aas the MTT KO ones and will be for a longer period.

I will include more details later on.

thanks to Nibbana and TargetMe for their offers. As discussed with them, a single staker is much easier.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      ok details of the stake:

- amount: $1500
      - Duration: until I can play $50 sng or if whatever reasons dylboy or I decide to end the stake (terms of ending have been discussed)
      - Games HU SNG or MTTs upto $10 MTTs and $7 SNG to start any speed or structure.

I will only put the HU MTTs in the railing thread

other details will be between Dylboy and I except if he wants me to include anything else here.

EDIT: the deal is still 70/30 (staker's favour)