[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - KQ faces re-raise on flop, unsure on subsequent streets.

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($4.06)
      Button ($4.11)
      UTG ($7.37)
      Hero (SB) ($4)
      MP ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.16, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.40) 6, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.29, MP raises $0.60, Hero calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.60) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($1.60) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.60

So here I decided I would call with KQ (Not sure if I should have, but it seemed too strong to fold and too weak to 3-bet) and then got re-raised on the flop after I donkbet. Should I have folded to this? I've been trying to give these small re-raises less credit, as they often don't have it. Then on the turn, I really didn't know what to do. But on the river I of course had to bet. Mainly the flop and the turn are my biggest issues here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Preflop: Well, do you even know what's the opening range of the opponent. I mean do you expect him to open with weaker Kx hands? Playing OOP it ain't gonna be very easy to play. ;)

As played
      Postflop: Well, if you are going to play it like this then rather just give it up preflop. I mean what you gonna achieve with the donk here? Rather let him continue with the whole range which will very likely CBet. You didn't mention any of his tendency then I doubt that you had any plan with the donk. But as you get raised it's really up the the reads and the opponent. Against tight-passive opponent it should be rather a fold.

Best Regards.