This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - KQ faces re-raise on flop, unsure on subsequent streets.

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($4.06)
      Button ($4.11)
      UTG ($7.37)
      Hero (SB) ($4)
      MP ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K
      1 fold, MP bets $0.16, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.18, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.40) 6, Q, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.29, MP raises $0.60, Hero calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.60) 10 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($1.60) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.05, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.60

So here I decided I would call with KQ (Not sure if I should have, but it seemed too strong to fold and too weak to 3-bet) and then got re-raised on the flop after I donkbet. Should I have folded to this? I've been trying to give these small re-raises less credit, as they often don't have it. Then on the turn, I really didn't know what to do. But on the river I of course had to bet. Mainly the flop and the turn are my biggest issues here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Preflop: Well, do you even know what's the opening range of the opponent. I mean do you expect him to open with weaker Kx hands? Playing OOP it ain't gonna be very easy to play. ;)

As played
      Postflop: Well, if you are going to play it like this then rather just give it up preflop. I mean what you gonna achieve with the donk here? Rather let him continue with the whole range which will very likely CBet. You didn't mention any of his tendency then I doubt that you had any plan with the donk. But as you get raised it's really up the the reads and the opponent. Against tight-passive opponent it should be rather a fold.

Best Regards.