This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - Completed two pair on turn with potential opposing flush

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($4.38)
      SB ($3.72)
      UTG ($4.29)
      BB ($6.39)
      Button ($3.98)
      MP ($3.72)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 6
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.78) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

River: ($1.52) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.52

So my main question here is on the turn. Quite simply: Should I have re-raised here? It's a simple hand, but I think a situation like this will appear again and I'd like to know what to do.
  • 2 replies
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Salivanth,

Interesting Hand.

Easy check behind on the river if you have showdown value, only bet here as a bluff.
      Unless Villain has not been paying attention, he's not calling anything worse. Most likely he will fold only the four of clubs and call you with better.

A check-raise on the turn may present you with problems. If he calls and another club hits, you need to assume your two-pair is no good, in this case a check behind on the river would be obvious.

And if he leads out the river after your check-raise you should be folding.

IMO, the line you took here is good, apart from the river bet.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks for sharing your hand!

-Euan
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Well, what you gonna achieve with the turn raise? Do you want better hands to fold? Since I doubt worse hands will Call you there. :)

And as played well, you pretty much turned your hand into bluff and which I don't like it at all. The guy could easily even play with any kind of type of hand this way. Rather just Check it behind on river.

Best Regards.