[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - Completed two pair on turn with potential opposing flush

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($4.38)
      SB ($3.72)
      UTG ($4.29)
      BB ($6.39)
      Button ($3.98)
      MP ($3.72)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 6
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) 2, 8, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.78) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

River: ($1.52) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, 1 fold

Total pot: $1.52

So my main question here is on the turn. Quite simply: Should I have re-raised here? It's a simple hand, but I think a situation like this will appear again and I'd like to know what to do.
  • 2 replies
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Salivanth,

Interesting Hand.

Easy check behind on the river if you have showdown value, only bet here as a bluff.
      Unless Villain has not been paying attention, he's not calling anything worse. Most likely he will fold only the four of clubs and call you with better.

A check-raise on the turn may present you with problems. If he calls and another club hits, you need to assume your two-pair is no good, in this case a check behind on the river would be obvious.

And if he leads out the river after your check-raise you should be folding.

IMO, the line you took here is good, apart from the river bet.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks for sharing your hand!

-Euan
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Well, what you gonna achieve with the turn raise? Do you want better hands to fold? Since I doubt worse hands will Call you there. :)

And as played well, you pretty much turned your hand into bluff and which I don't like it at all. The guy could easily even play with any kind of type of hand this way. Rather just Check it behind on river.

Best Regards.