• fizgigace
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

UTG stats: VPIP: 49, PFR: 26, 3B: 5, AF: 2.6, Hands: 105
      SB stats: VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 7.8, Hands: 1787

I dont even know why I played this hand this way. Maybe I should have raised on the flop or 3bet the preflop?

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      UTG2 raises to $0.05, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.04, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.22) 5, 6, Q (4 players)
      SB bets $0.10, UTG2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.42) T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

River: ($0.66) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.66, Hero calls $0.66.

Final Pot: $1.98.

Results follow:

SB shows a straight, seven high(4c 3c).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Qd Kh).

SB wins with a straight, seven high(4c 3c).
  • 2 replies
    • EuanM
      Hey K6ngsepp,

Thanks for sharing your hand with us!

Against a 49/26, KQo should be in your 3-betting range, especially against a 2.5x PFR; Guy is basically begging you for a 3-Bet. :f_p:

In any case, when he bets out on the flop for less than half-pot, you should raise him in this spot. And this also applies if you 3-bet him pre-flop, although I think him leading out would be less likely if that happened.

He 3-bets a small enough amount of hands for you to know your beat, so an information raise post-flop would serve you well here, if he then 3-bets you, it's a good fold as it narrows high range greatly to hand that beats yours.

I would raise him 2.5x on the Turn in this spot, his bet-sizing IMO narrows his range to draws & middle pair, so it's a good spot for a raise. He's most likely not raising Qx pre-flop, and that's more unlikely as you have one of the Q's.

River is an easy fold if he bets pot, with middle pair he can easily have flopped or rivered his kicker and made two-pair, as suited connectors fall into his PFR range. Flush draw busts, so this bet screams a lower two-pair to me, he's not often betting this with QT or Qx; would have a bigger turn bet.

Just some thoughts, hope it helps!

Take care,

• veriz
      Hello K6ngsepp,

Preflop: Against that kind of opponent and pretty much even a min-raise you can easily even consider 3betting. The problem with KQo is that it ain't gonna be a very strong hand in multiway pot. :(

As played
      Flop: Just raise it right on flop and try to find out where you stand and obviously protect your hand.

As played
      Turn: The same goes for turn play as you played it passively on flop. But rather do it on flop. Although of course if you went for passive line on flop then you could as well even consider going for the passive line here as well. But...

As plaeyd
      River: I don't really see any reason why we should Call it here. While his bet sizing on flop&turn were very weak which indicates rather to a draw or some weak hand or maybe even a draw. But when he turns his hand into full pot size bet it's towards to strong made hand which tries to get value from you.

Best Regards.