[NL2-NL10] NL25: J8o Freeplay All in on the river o.k.?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.74
      UTG+2:
      $7.50
      MP3:
      $25

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , 8:heart: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 checks, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.85) J:heart: , J:diamond: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.85) K:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls $0.75.

River: ($2.35) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP3 raises to $5.00, Hero raises to $4.74 (All-In).

With my Trip I feel quite well with calling the push. Opponent could hold Kx, Qx having hit his pair or two pair, here I'm ahead. I'm beaten against pocket K and Q. He also could hold a J with K and Q playing as kicker I'm behind only against JA and J6, otherwise split pot. I'm getting approx. 2:1 for my call. So I think it was o.k. to call here. I'm ahead against too many hands.

Final Pot: $12.09
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      2.37:1 you are getting on the river) nice hand
      planning to move to NL 50 one day?)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      2.37:1 you are getting on the river) nice hand
      planning to move to NL 50 one day?)
      I'm working on my bankroll to do ;)

But not playing too much hands and max 6-tabling at the moment it takes time. And don't think I had all this thoughts during the hand ;)

At the moment I did all this thinking during the hand I will be in NL50 soon.

By the way he had J6, what a pity I was beaten on the flop :)

But that's the reason why I posted this hand. Had some of the described hands in mind and was not sure to be ahead but quite sure calling was the right play because not too many hands would beat me.

Thx for your evaluation :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      But not playing too much hands and max 6-tabling at the moment it takes time. And don't think I had all this thoughts during the hand ;)

its fine. keep evaluating your hands this way and eventually, you will have all the thoughts you need. 6-tabling is perfect, imo) Of course, you can climb the limit faster 12-tabling, since on NL 25 you don`t need a lot of table observations.
      But once you get PT/PaHUD, you can start learning how to adjust your game, which can possibly save some time and money later.