[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR KQo on the BU

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      So I think I was O.K to call the first 2 bets but once the J comes it means We are only beating KT. Or should I have folded the turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3.08
      Hero:
      $5.46

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) K:club: , 7:spade: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.97) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.77) J:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a pair of kings (Ad Ks)
      Hero shows (Kd Qc)

MP2 wins with a pair of kings (Ad Ks)
  • 2 replies
    • pea1984
      pea1984
      Bronze
      Hi clandestine,

I hope you dont mind me commenting, I'm trying to improve myself so am going to start looking at other peoples hands to see what I would do, see how my thinking compares to others.

With the raise preflop I think it's ok to call from the button because we have position on this player.
      I'm new to using stats but I think he is a loose aggressive player but seems to win quite often when it gets to showdown so he is either getting lucky or is an ok player post flop, I dont think there are enough hands to say which yet.

When he bets on the flop, I think personally I would raise rather than call. I worry about AK being a possibility when he has raised preflop.
      If he re-raises me here I fold and if he calls I think I will fold to a bet on the turn.
      I prefer doing this than calling the flop then calling the turn as It doesn't really ask any questions about the strength of his hand.

As played, I would hope the call on the turn might earn us a check from him on the river for us to check behind. I think when he bets the river he has shown strength all the way through the hand and it's likely we are behind.

This is just what I think, like I said earlier, i'm trying to learn and get better myself so what I'm saying could be completely wrong lol.
      I'm interested to see what the hand judge has to say and how different it is from my thinking. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Well, it really seems that you are practically calling with any broadways and most likely you ain't playing very profitable in long run. :) You don't even take into account either you are ahead with the hand or not, or neither you don't have a plan for postflop. Just hoping to hit and call-down till river if get good odds. :D Which ain't gonna be in long run profitable but rather you will be loosing money. So get the understanding WHY you are calling with such a hand rather than act like a station while calling with any broadway. :D They ain't that good as you imagine in multiway pots.

As played well for the given odds of course we ain't gonna fold it and I wouldn't play it any differently either while the guy gives us that great odds. Your intention must be to call it preflop that he has worse Kx hands.

Best Regards.