[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR TT on the CO

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      I have got caught out a few times like this recently. I feel I am ahead right to the end and then.... What could I have done differntly other than folding the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $12.5
      Hero:
      $8.11

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:heart: , T:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 4:club: , 3:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.77) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

River: ($1.47) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.47

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ad Td)
      Hero shows (Th Tc)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ad Td)
  • 3 replies
    • pea1984
      pea1984
      Bronze
      OK, this guy seems tight but with position on him I would raise him preflop. If he re-raises then I think I fold.

I think you need to raise on the turn, because of the flush draw and also a 5 would make a straight for any Ax hands.

On the river I think it's hard to put him on a flush and if im honest I would probably call too unless he bet the pot or something.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      raise/fold flop? You hand needs protection against AQ/KQ type of hands. This is not a way ahead/way behind situation. So I will raise on the flop. And if opponent call raise and check turn I will bet out on turn. As said your hand needs protection all the way and you allow your opponent controlled the pot size OOP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

That's what happens when people see results. :D They base only on results and make actions based on results. But don't do that! Always check the results after your evaluation.

About the play well, I wouldn't change much. I mean his 2nd barreling range is towards to some kind of draw and that's the only hand what we beat. Against his PFR I doubt we beat any PPs here. For that given reason raising is pretty close since we would just isolate ourselves against better hands, rather take the passive line and reevaluate it on further streets. Which means I would most likely fold on river while I don't really see what we beat there.

Best Regards.