AA vs AQ on Ft

• DaAcemanAA
      DaAcemanAA
      Bronze
      Hey guys playing 5/10 NL 6 seat table and on the Small Blind all folded except me and the BB I have Pocket Aces So i raise it $80 and the BB raises me to $200 he has chip stack of 1200 im sitting on 900 I reraise him to 600 and hoping he oushes over the top all in which he Does Cards Turn and he has AQ suited Diamonds Vs my AA and Then the Flop comes out ALL DIAMONDS WTF. Such Bs and not only that What sort of Donkey Reraises a $600 reraise to $900 with AQ obvioully If I have reraised his $200 to $600 im sitting on Aces or Kings How obvious and then he flops the flush. Same Thing happened 5 days Earlier Im sitting on Pocket Queens 5/10 nl and raised to $120 with one caller flop comes out 9 2 3 I bet the Potand he raises me to $500 i have $1300 on the table From watching how he plays for almost 3 hours i was 100% sure I was ahead with my queens so i reraise to 1k and he goes all in i call. Cards Turn and he's sitting on K9 Suited clubs so as i had predicted i was ahead with my Queens with only one club on the Board.What do you know turn 5 of clubs river J of clubs and he wins with his Flush. Im Dumbfounded how ppl Can call so much money with Junk when obviously they are behind you know i wouldn't have been real phased had he hit a 9 or a K but runner runner Flush that's just Ridiculous and then 5 days later it happens again.I swear sometimes you feel like the hands are so rigged to get ppl betting.
  • 12 replies
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Sad to hear, it happens to the best of us.

On the other and if your playing those stakes, you got skills. Enjoi.
    • GreenAcees
      GreenAcees
      Bronze
      yeah i have had that ALOT on fulltilt it seems it happens there more then anywhere the best hand almost never stood up for me on fulltilt
    • LickyRude
      LickyRude
      Bronze
      If i have read this right, he has AQs in the BB and you have AA in the SB, and it gets folded around to you?

There is no way he cannot raise your initial bet, AQs is huge blind-blind. He cannot fold after you re-raise as considering your range of hands, he is way ahead. Yes you got unlucky, but thats poker.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      but are you realy proper rolled for nl 1k ? seems like not if you complain about beats like this ...
    • nzmklc
      nzmklc
      Bronze
      I'm playing on fulltilt for almost 3 years now, and in the case of AA vs AQ, I have seen AQ beating AA in almost 70% of the time.

I'm not complaining about bad beats or anything, but I have the impression sometimes (!) that fulltilt has a very complicated (and not a "real" simulating) card-generating mechanism.

I'll give you an example:

in a 9handed tourny, if a guy is down to 120 (out of 1500) chips, meaning he's really really low, and goes all-in, he'll get taken out 90% of the time, even though he mostly has the best hand! I know that all sounds like pure conspiracy, but actually, if you just think about it: it can (!) make sense.

The faster a tournament ends, the faster people play the next tournament (on average) PLUS the less the server has to work. Concludingly, the more rake fulltilt earns.

So maybe this is all bullshit, and maybe fulltilt doesn't even need to fix things, or maybe it's just a bug in the system, but maybe it's not...

I'll say we'll never know ;)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nzmklc
      I'm playing on fulltilt for almost 3 years now, and in the case of AA vs AQ, I have seen AQ beating AA in almost 70% of the time.
      Stats please?

in a 9handed tourny, if a guy is down to 120 (out of 1500) chips, meaning he's really really low, and goes all-in, he'll get taken out 90% of the time, even though he mostly has the best hand!
      Same question as above.

Come on, seriously, the "ZOMG ITS RIGGGEDD!" statements are a poor excuse bad players invoke to explain why they don't win. If you're so sure it's unfair, why do you still play?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      question is not whether ZOMG ITS RIGGED statements help, or whether they'll always exist or not.

question rather is whether these members should be on pokerstrategy
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      :D
    • Tsvetkov
      Tsvetkov
      Bronze
      DaAcemanAA - gets owned with AA in hand...I'd say that you not FT is rigged, but that life is rigged. I'd say that with your nickname you caused that irony of fate;)
    • OmiKell
      OmiKell
      Bronze
      Lost a lot of money on pair of AA...

the AA deceived guy has just to understand the fact that only a trip is worth getting really excited
    • thevermin
      thevermin
      Bronze
      there have been several times when ive lost to a guy with only 120 chips heads up, and several times ive won with only 120 chips left, and once got first after taking a blow down to round 90 chips in an 90 plyr MTT tourny. Things like this always happens.

Poker players just gotta learn to keep playin when the good things are happening and stop when the bad things r happening.

The way you are thinking while you are playing has a HUGE affect on the outcome of each round. If you keep thinking bout ur bad beats, thats what you'll get. I'm sure every1 has heard this phrase sometime in their lives b4:

"Live in the present moment" - we all just gotta learn how to do it. Take it one hand at a time. Always think bout only 1 hand, and thats the hand in front of you, none other. Many ppl r already doing this without knowing it helps.

This will either help a LOT or none at all

those who can't do this are prey for those who can and do=P

try it and respond, remember, ONE HAND AT A TIME!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I was in a 7+1 tourney tonight and went all in w/ AK he had AA. I hit trip K's. Just goes to show you win some you lose some.

came in 2nd 51$ :)

1st was a lousy 50+4 buyin lol

2nd was way better. :)