Question about hole cams

    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2010 Posts: 977


      How do at the outer tables at WSOP they know what cards players hold if they are no hole cams? I saw that Ben Lamb was holding that giant camera and showed his card to the camera, but surely there isn't a camera man who constantly walks around the table, or is there?
  • 7 replies
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.04.2009 Posts: 7,479
      Hi Krishjanis!

      Have you been looking on a recording of the WSOP? Cause then they obviously just add the information afterwards while cutting and editing the recordings :)

      Or was this live? ?(
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2010 Posts: 977
      It's the WSOP episodes that are now airing every week. I know they add the information later but how do they get information about hole cards in the first place if there are no hole cams on those tables?
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.03.2009 Posts: 509
      Never noticed nothing unusual.. If there are no hole card cams, they don't show pocket cards, unless there was showdown, and those cards become known later..
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.07.2011 Posts: 712
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      It's the WSOP episodes that are now airing every week. I know they add the information later but how do they get information about hole cards in the first place if there are no hole cams on those tables?
      I was watching the weekly show on youtube the other day and was thinking the exact same thing.For example there were some hands that would end on the turn so the cards were not shown and they def didnt have cameras fitted into the table.I was wondering if they asked the players but surely some of them would tell a lie as how could anyone prove otherwise.
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.04.2009 Posts: 7,479
      Hi guys.

      I did a quick research and found out that there is a camera crew that walks around, looking for big pots. When they see something they want to film, they signal the dealer, who then keeps folded hands out of the muck.

      Once the hand is done, they attach a portable hole cam to the table, the dealer returns his hand and they make the player show his hand to the cam. Then the cam gets moved to the other player(s) and they do the same. They can then edit the showing into the hand if needed.
    • g3no
      g3no
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.02.2006 Posts: 8,812
      Originally posted by darkprice
      Hi guys.

      I did a quick research and found out that there is a camera crew that walks around, looking for big pots. When they see something they want to film, they signal the dealer, who then keeps folded hands out of the muck.

      Once the hand is done, they attach a portable hole cam to the table, the dealer returns his hand and they make the player show his hand to the cam. Then the cam gets moved to the other player(s) and they do the same. They can then edit the showing into the hand if needed.
      where did you read that?
      what happens if one of the players does not agree? i would object as it would steal time of the tournament clock
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.04.2009 Posts: 7,479
      Originally posted by g3no
      where did you read that?
      what happens if one of the players does not agree? i would object as it would steal time of the tournament clock
      They are obligated to show their cards, rules.
      [I think]