[NL2-NL10] NL4 JJ vs TQs

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (10 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($0.96)
      BB ($5.24)
      UTG ($5.91)
      UTG+1 ($2.07)
      UTG+2 ($6.19)
      MP1 ($9.09)
      MP2 ($6.96)
      MP3 ($4)
      CO ($4.70)
      Hero (Button) ($3.72)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
      UTG bets $0.16, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16, 1 fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.66) 10, 7, 10 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.44, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.44, BB raises $1.60, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.16

Turn: ($4.30) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.15, Hero calls $1.96 (All-In)

River: ($8.22) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.22

Results:
      Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and tens).
      BB had 10, Q (three of a kind, tens).
      Outcome: BB won $7.87

Sorry for using other hand converter on other site, 'cause I've tried to convert this hand on PS, but it didn't work (it worked when I tried to convert other hands.

Actually, I intended to Fold on the Flop, but I accidently misclicked on Call button and have made a loose Call here. Fortunately, the Turn card give me many outs that could make my hand. The question is: with a combodraw like this, could it be profitable in the long run to Call the UTG's bet (as I had to shove) here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Add to full stack. :)

Don't worry about the hand converter, you might as well try weaktight one if PS is not working.

Well, I don't like your play at all. I mean if you didn't even go for 3bet preflop then why do you Call the BB raise? Rather just fold it right there, you most likely ain't doing good there. Tx is possible and maybe even stronger hands.

Which UTGs bet do you mean to Call? You mean the flop Call? Yeah it's fine, although after BB it should be snap-fold.

Best Regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hi coach,

Thanks for the reply with many lessons that I have to learn/review at least once more.

As I mentioned, the question that I want a reasonable explaination for my bad play there: Is the Call I made on TURN with UTG's bet profitable in the long run, coach?

Thanks and best regards,

anhvusa
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As I mentioned, the question that I want a reasonable explaination for my bad play there: Is the Call I made on TURN with UTG's bet profitable in the long run, coach?

Well, unfortunately we shouldn't be even talking about turn play. :P And most likely nope, I doubt that your Call is going to be very profitable. While you could be already against FH.