My friend's start capital

• TheChronicLS
      TheChronicLS
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just put it here in the beginners section.
      I referred a friend of mine who wanted to get busy with the pokers here at pokerstrategy. Iirc it was right after black friday and I told him, dumb as I was, to join Full tilt. His account didn't get accepted for some bs and days later full tilt was dead. He gave up pretty easily but told me some days ago he actually really wanted to start playing poker.
      Now my question is; I got a mail for a second starting capital on party, where I already have an account. Is it possible to give it to him or something? Or is that against the rules?
      Not sure how all this works but I can always try and ask, right? :)
      Cheers,
      Robert

edit: saw typo in the thread title, should be starting capital obviously
  • 15 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      He got rejected for a reason, one would assume pokerstrategy would not want him to have it. Also it was offered to you, if you have a account alreadt, end game sir.

Or I could be completely wrong :f_biggrin:
    • TheChronicLS
      TheChronicLS
      Bronze
      He didn't get rejected at PS but at full tilt, and I think they were just not taking anymore customers. They gave him some vague reason, he answered with his ID attached and everything fully explained (helped him with that) but they said they had the right to reject people if they wanted to.
      I obviously would understand if the 2nd starting capital was for me and me only, but I can always ask right? It's not like I can do something with it and I don't think he can re apply for another starting capital at another site since he chose full tilt and got rejected. He's also not so smooth with forums :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Robert,

First of all, thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy.com!

Also, congratulations for receiving a second chance for the free $50 starting capital. Unfortunately you are not able to transfer this to any other poker room or any other player. This is normally done by our marketing team and once you receive an offer its not changeable. :(

All is not lost, he is more than welcome to join any of our poker rooms. We are always happy to advise you guys on which poker room would be suitable for you.

Please see this thread: Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Let me know if I can help you with anything else
      Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi TheChronicLS,

Unfortunately, the second starting capital is non- transferrable. You won't be able to distribute it or give it away as you wish. :(

I think it is great that your friend wants to learn how to play poker. Who is your friend? What happened with his account? I think it would be better if he contacted support or posted on this site directly. Then we could understand the situation more clearly and possibly be able to help.

Regards,
      wendy

ps thanks AA for the assist :heart:
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      exactly my point good sir he got rejected already, irrelevant on what isite, if he got the starting capital now ........ can you imagine the uproar here from all the people who got rejected and then for someone who was rejected to get one transferred from a friend to him.

Hopefully you see the reasoning behind my logic :f_biggrin:
    • TheChronicLS
      TheChronicLS
      Bronze
      Cheers for the replies guys, I'll link him this thread cause I'm not sure what his screenname is. I don't get what you're trying to say though, Arkham. If it was a regular poker room I'd agree with you but he got rejected litteraly 2-5 days before full tilt was completely dead. He did absolutely nothing wrong, completed the quiz, gave his information, sent his ID, etc....

Ingrid are you saying he has a right on 'another' starting capital? He didn't receive his first but he did the quiz and chose full tilt as his room, I thought it was set from there on.
      Again thanks for the quick replies guys, forgot how friendly this community was :)
    • KingOfGrind
      KingOfGrind
      Bronze
      sooo, this thread is about me my friend started playing poker and proved to me after some while there is actually a way to make money sitting on a chair and playing a game so i decided to go for it, did the quiz and all that but they denied my request and as previously mentioned it was not more than a week before fulltilt went down.

Greets
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      BTW How long is second starting capital offer available? I think I might have gotten one a while ago, but ignored it and my email automatically deletes anything older than 30 days. Can someone from administration look up and see if I ever had offered a second starting capital?
      Thanks, and sorry for kinda hijacking the thread :f_biggrin:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

sorry was not able to reply yesterday. contrary to popular belief, we do sleep once in a while. :f_biggrin:

will try to get some answers for you today but it's sunday so pls have a little patience. :)

Krishjanis, i would recommend that you send a ticket about this so support can check the validity of your second capital. i do not have access to this info. let me know how it goes!

smiles,
      wendy
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KingOfGrind
      sooo, this thread is about me my friend started playing poker and proved to me after some while there is actually a way to make money sitting on a chair and playing a game so i decided to go for it, did the quiz and all that but they denied my request and as previously mentioned it was not more than a week before fulltilt went down.

Greets
      Hey there KingOfGrind,

Thanks for popping by and let us know whats been going on :)

Let me start with a good news, You've never been declined because you never even completed your registration with us. I've sent you a ticket where I've explained further steps for you.

Now, after you finished filling out your personal details and actually picked a poker room to receive the free $50, we will then start to verify your account and once that's done, you'll get the free $50 transferred into your poker account.

Important thing to watch out for:

- choose the right free $50 poker room for you and make sure to use our bonus code in order to be tracked via PokerStrategy.com

Let me know when it's done and I'll jump in!

Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      BTW How long is second starting capital offer available? I think I might have gotten one a while ago, but ignored it and my email automatically deletes anything older than 30 days. Can someone from administration look up and see if I ever had offered a second starting capital?
      Thanks, and sorry for kinda hijacking the thread :f_biggrin:
      You have never been offered a second free $50 capital. Don't panic! :D This can change any day!

Ingrid
    • KingOfGrind
      KingOfGrind
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

Greets
      Hey there KingOfGrind,

Let me start with a good news, You've never been declined because you never even completed your registration with us. I've sent you a ticket where I've explained further steps for you.

Now, after you finished filling out your personal details and actually picked a poker room to receive the free $50, we will then start to verify your account and once that's done, you'll get the free $50 transferred into your poker account.

- choose the right free $50 poker room for you and make sure to use our bonus code in order to be tracked via PokerStrategy.com

Ingrid
      I followed your link and applied for the partypoker capital, thanks for the help!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN

Greets
      Hey there KingOfGrind,

Ingrid
      I followed your link and applied for the partypoker capital, thanks for the help!
      Great :)

Now onto the next ticket and its the last step before getting the free $50 starting capital.

Let me know if you need further help
      Ingrid
    • VaeRalUG
      VaeRalUG
      Bronze
      Its interst. I'll get it, then write it about...
    • SavexKing
      SavexKing
      Basic
      [Edited by EagleStar88 - Spam removed]