BB ($20.40)
      UTG ($16.46)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($12.75)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($1) T:club: 6:diamond: J:heart:

Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BTN raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50

TURN ($4) T:club: 6:diamond: J:heart: 5:heart:

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $3, Hero folds, CO folds

BTN wins $3.74
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I would expect BTN to have a hand here, so you have strong implieds on the river on being able to bet a Q or 9 and get called. Problem is CO is behind you and might be playing some stupid gutshot draw with the AK, which kills half your outs. Worst case CO holds A :heart: K :heart: and you are down to 3 good outs. Turn fold is good, you'll find better spots.

I hope you were ready to fold to CO aggression on a Q turn here :)

I don't like your donk on the flop in a 3 way pot. Donking in general is something to avoid doing much - among other reasons, else we wouldn't call it a donkey bet - and in this case you are hoping to move a weird loose player off a hand, something that rarely happens.

If you are going to try and shift these guys off hands, you'll need to be more than half pot. Weak half pot donk says to me "I have a weak Jx, a draw or 77-99". CO gets callable odds at that rate to call with just overcards and a gutshot (10 outs). If I wanted to push people out with a donk here I would be looking at 80-100% pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Well, if you have any kind of made hand then donking the flop would be definitely considerable. But while you rather don't have and just a draw and this kind of board still hits a lot of broadways and even better hand are possible I would be inclined to Check/Call it rather than donk it.

But as played seems to be fine, not much to change here.

Best Regards.