This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 6NL FR TT trips on drawyboard

• Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.03/$0.06 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $6.26
      MP1:
      $3.70
      MP2 (Hero):
      $6.09
      MP3:
      $4.91
      CO:
      $8.68
      BU:
      $5.76
      SB:
      $2.03
      BB:
      $5.49
      UTG1:
      $6.82

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      UTG1 raises to $0.18, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.18, 4 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.57) J, T, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.42, Hero raises to $1.44, BB folds, UTG1 raises to $6.64, Hero calls $4.47.

Turn: ($13.12) A (2 players)

River: ($13.12) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.12.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, tens(Td Ts).
      UTG1 shows a straight, ace high(Qs Kd).

UTG1 wins with a straight, ace high(Qs Kd).

I think it should be easy point.
      However, I now lose some confidence because of losing some profit and shrink of bankroll(even still profit from poker..)
      Is it OK, right?
      Although this week lesson says I should thought about becoming good player instead of only seeking for money..
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If UTG1 is a sensible player he very rarely has KQ here, much less KQo. That is way the hell too loose to open from UTG in a 9 handed game. Against a sensible player here his broke range is something like AKs, AQs clubs and JJ+.

You are going to get all-in against that range because you are in front by a decent stretch - 66% - 34%.

If UTG is a non-sensible player, you are going to go broke with him with any set anyway :)

NH, WP. Even against KQ you still had 35% of it (outs to a full house or quads) - your last call was just over 36% of pot, so I would probably often call here even if the villain showed me his hand ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gonchan,

Well, you can't really fold here while the opponent could easily even have any kind of draw or QQ+ here. Against that kind of range you are doing very good. Don't be result oriented. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Jaissica
      Hmm, I didn't care Villains position when I thought about his hand range.
      Certainly a sensible player aren't going to open raise with QK from UTG..
      And the opinion that you will shove even if you can see his hand sounds interesting me. I will train to notice it quickly in game!

veriz
      ya, sensible player often have QQ+ on this point so I now am confidence about it.
      And I was mad because I was beaten by dominated hand 3 times 1hour session so I was result oriented more..
      I will also train mentality.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      ya, sensible player often have QQ+ on this point so I now am confidence about it.And I was mad because I was beaten by dominated hand 3 times 1hour session so I was result oriented more..
      I will also train mentality.

Yeah, that's what needs to be trained a lot. :) Mindset in poker is very important, without it you will just tilt away money. :(