[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - QQ on AA7 board played really badly, what should I have done instead?

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($3.09)
      Button ($5.40)
      BB ($4.55) (62/0 over 39 hands, f2cbet 56%, WTSD 25%)
      Hero (SB) ($4)
      UTG ($12.63) (26/17 over 23 hands, WTSD 0% over sample of 7)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.48) A, 7, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.10) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

River: ($3.90) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

Total pot: $5.90

So I know I messed up here, I'm just not sure exactly how. Maybe by checking the turn or betting smaller, as I'm not sure if folding here is the correct move...Basically I'm pretty sure I played it badly, but I'm not sure how I could have taken another line.
  • 2 replies
    • dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      The flop is fine.You make your continuation bet because with 2 aces on the board there would be a rather small chance he had one as well.
      The bet on the turn is justified too because he may call you on the flop with some weaker PPs.I would fold after his raise because I don't see him having a worse hand in this spot.
      On the river,after choosing this play,I think you can call here for the given odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

Well, I'd still Bet the turn but most likely after the raise even if it's a min-raise I'd be inclined to just Bet/Fold it. Doubt the loose-passive guy would raise there with any pairs or anything worse. Most likely it's an Ace at least, not that many draws either which he could be raising.

You ain't gonna play that profitable while Calling the turn and then most likely you wont get free showdown ever there, rather just give it up right on turn to avoid mistakes on river.

Best Regards.