This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL50SH] QQ vs LAG Fish

• PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,

Here's a hand I recently played on Everest. I've been in a lot of pots before and have been 3betting quite often, so my image is quite aggressive. We're about 130BB deep.

Preflop: I liked a call better, because I was in position, and he was quite aggressive, so I think I could get alot more value by slowplaying. His 3bet% is 13% btw.

Flop: I just raised it allin for protection on this superwet board. What could his range here be? 33,44, 77+, 56s (he 3bets alot preflop...). FD with overs, like AhTh+,KhQh. I have 50% equite vs this range, but I don't know if this isn't too wide. He could have 76, 45 Ah7x and SC like 8h9h+, and vs that range I'm definitely ahead.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $16,75
      MP3:
      $65,1
      Hero:
      $88,53

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      MP2 raises to $1,50, MP3 raises to $5,25, CO folds, Hero calls $5,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($12,75) 7:heart: , 4:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $7, Hero raises to $21,00, MP3 raises to $59,85 (All-In), Hero calls $38,85.

Turn: ($132,45) 4:diamond:
      River: ($132,45) 6:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $132,45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows four-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4c)
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)

MP3 wins with four-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4c)
  • 3 replies
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      You've got 38.8% against this range:

99+, 77, 44-33, AhKh, AhQh, AhJh, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah3h, Ah2h, 8h7h, 65s, 65o

I don't think he'll do this with a lot of FD's, except maybe the nut FD's. Reason I say this is your range is very narrow. What range would you put a cold 3bet caller on? Imo this is only JJ/QQ, occasionally some slowplayed monsters but you would 3bet these normally. So if he's a thinking player he wouldn't want to get it in against your range. I think the range I just chose is very wide if this is the case.

So you have to call after his shove, but I wouldn't want to isolate myself against this range. I would just call flop, and since he's so agressive, let him try to barrel you of your range and hope there's no A/K.

Personally I would 4bet preflop since you've shown so much agression and he would like to get it in with hands you dominate like 88-JJ/AQ.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      4b pre since you got good image on table ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since MP2 is short and can easily shove with worse range that would put MP3 quite difficult spot I would also prefer calling pf.
      oOstflop I don´t think he would barrel turn that light, so I also like raising and playing for stacks. Making it 16$ seems better than 21$, since then it also looks like you´re raise/folding with air that spot.