Tracking accounts from FTP to other sites

Bronze
      The situation with FTP is as it is and we can do nothing about it. Since a lot of players had tracked accounts on FTP and received rakeback as well as earned strategypoints but because of the recent events will not be able to receive rakeback for a long time at the least, perhaps it would be time to somehow arrange that all the people on pokerstrategy.com who had tracked accounts on FTP can get new accounts on other sites.

It seems kind of unfair that I haven't got a single cent of rake back over the last months while playing on one of the higher rake platforms - the Ipoker network (with the help of the pokerstrategy's first aid program). I and many others can't do it all the time, can we? And even if FTP reopens, it would be fair if we could also decide not to keep playing there and receive rake back and strategy points on a safer platform.

I understand it is a lot to ask as the rules, for a reason I still don't understand, regarding retracking are rather strict, but I believe this is the case where pokerstrategy could maybe try and somehow make an arrangement with the largest poker platforms.
  • 13 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      I wish we could retrack but I doubt it's possible...
      I guess we just have to wait till FTP reopens
    • SSteel
      SSteel
      Bronze
      You can recive rakeback from iPoker, just not the way you used to get it from FTP. Generate enough Titan points and take a cash bonus from their site. For me it is equal to ~34% rakeback.
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Hello Avatars91!

Unfortunate the poker rooms doesn't allow retracking. PokerStrategy.com gets paid for directing new players to the poker rooms to play there. If a player didn't sign up through PokerStrategy.com then most of the times he/she found the pooker room in an other way and PokerStrategy.com wont get paid for that :)

There are some poker rooms where you still can get rakeback:
      Cake Poker - 33%
      24hPoker - 30%
      PKR - 30%
      Poker Haven - 30%

While on the iPoker network you can get rakeback through bonuses. All the skins for the iPoker network have some nice first deposition bonuses.
      Paddy Poker - 200% up to $2,000
      Mansion Poker - 200% up to $2,000
      bet365 - 200% up to $1,000
      Titan Poker - 200% up to $2,000
      William Hill - 200% up to $2,000
      Poker-770 - 200% up to $2,000

You can find all our parter rooms here!
      Bronze
      I understand that the rules are as they are. But they can be changed and what I am trying to say is that regarding this specific situation maybe pokerstrategy can try to make a deal with the biggest rooms.

I can't receive rakeback AND get strategy points by playing on any of the sites listed above. Don't players that have been tracked to the Ipoker network (Let's say, William Hill) receive rakeback through pokerstrategy.com like players that were tracked to FTP did? I don't believe that the only form of receiving rakeback while playing on William Hill with a tracked account is WhPoints. If it were so, then why would anyone ever choose this room over Pokerstars or FTP (before we knew what the room is actually like)? It makes no sense.

I just feel so ripped off even without mentioning my lost bankroll on FTP. I won't even receive rakeback on my new room, as bad as it is regarding the ridiculously high rake and the terrible software while other pokerstrategists happily keep playing on pokerstars with low rake, high traffic, great software and an awesome VIP program, even receiving rakeback and strategy points? I mean, come on.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars

The vip program on the iPoker network is a rakeback equivalent where you can get for example on Titan if I am not mistaking upto 64% rakeback.

Regards

Thazar
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey Avatars91,

I can support what some others already explained.

You get "rakeback" at any site/network. The difference is that on e.g. iPoker it is neither called rakeback nor is it flat like FTP.

On FTP you got 27% rakeback regardless how much you played.
      On iPOker you get rakeback through their VIP-system. The difference is that it is not flat.
      If you play a low volume, you receive less than 27% total. If you play a high volume you can get way more than 27%.

I hope this could clarify some of your questions. I have to tell you that PokerStrategy.com cannot change the conditions I wrote about. However, in general, there is no reason to do so, because many people benefit from the top heavy VIP system.

Best,
      Tobias
      Bronze
      So compared to pokerstars or FTP it is not that bad provided you put in a big volume of hands? My assumption would be that WH Vip program is a little bit worse than the above-mentioned two at best. I mean, FTP's 27% in terms of real cash every week + FTPpoints + Ironman promotion + happy hours + more compared to WHpoints?
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      wow, only 4 sites with rakeback... don't you think this is a bit too little? only 1 room from entraction network, only 1 room from cake network, only 1 room from boss media, only 1 room from microgaming network and 6 rooms from ipoker network... that's a nice diversity...

I don't care about retracking 'cause I know that's impossible, but right now there isn't much you can choose from. Most people already have accounts with stars and party, so what's left? ipoker network...
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      I know for a fact that some other big affiliates have deals with many skins (including big ipoker's skins) that allows them to retrack existing accounts.
      It would be nice new task for PS account managers to try to get same deals.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

I'd just like to add a little bit extra to the debate here. It seems like lots of people are totally focused on "rakeback" this is very dangerous and can really hinder your progress as an aspiring poker player.

If all you can think of is "rakeback" then you are not spending enough time thinking about the two most important factors in poker; 1) Enjoyment and 2) WINRATE.

If you are playing 100nl and beating the game for 8bb/100 then of course this is far more profitable than being a break-even player with a "decent rakeback deal". A lot of players spend too much time trying to find a deal that could potentially not be safe or as luxurious as it initially sounds instead of watching or reading educational content that could have a positive LONG TERM effect on their win rate.

PokerStrategy.com work extremely hard trying to work with our partner rooms to secure the best rake races and bonus offers to all of our players, we have acquired partnership with over 20 different operators that guarantee there is something suitable for all of our players.

Just because you aren't able to be re-tracked at one of our partner rooms doesn't mean you can't try out one of our other rooms, the fantastic first deposit offers on iPoker mean that you can try out all of the rooms before deciding which one you would like to "settle down" with.

Why not take a look at the following 3 iPoker overview threads and information regarding their respective VIP clubs to find out a little more about converting points into bonuses (theoretically rakeback)

Poker770 Overview Thread

Learn more about the Poker770 VIP Club

Titan Overview Thread

Learn more about the Titan VIP Club

William Hill Overview Thread

Learn more about the William Hill VIP Scheme
      Bronze
      I see nothing wrong with exploring rakeback offers and choosing the best opportunities as it increases profits. Obviously there are some dangers if you get obsessed with rakeback but it is by no means a bad aspect of the game to think about.
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I mean, FTP's 27% in terms of real cash every week + FTPpoints + Ironman promotion + happy hours + more compared to WHpoints?
      The thing is that the extra points you get from happy hour don't count while clearing a bonus. Also you lose rakeback while you clear a bonus and when you use points or medals in the shop.

It's hard to calculate how much you actually get back because there's
      a lot of things you don't really think of at first sight.

On Full Tilt you get 40% rakeback for clearing their first deposit bonus while on for example betfred you get up to 70% rakeback clearing their first deposit bonus.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey guys,

I'd just like to add a little bit extra to the debate here. It seems like lots of people are totally focused on "rakeback" this is very dangerous and can really hinder your progress as an aspiring poker player.

If all you can think of is "rakeback" then you are not spending enough time thinking about the two most important factors in poker; 1) Enjoyment and 2) WINRATE.

If you are playing 100nl and beating the game for 8bb/100 then of course this is far more profitable than being a break-even player with a "decent rakeback deal". A lot of players spend too much time trying to find a deal that could potentially not be safe or as luxurious as it initially sounds instead of watching or reading educational content that could have a positive LONG TERM effect on their win rate.

PokerStrategy.com work extremely hard trying to work with our partner rooms to secure the best rake races and bonus offers to all of our players, we have acquired partnership with over 20 different operators that guarantee there is something suitable for all of our players.

Just because you aren't able to be re-tracked at one of our partner rooms doesn't mean you can't try out one of our other rooms, the fantastic first deposit offers on iPoker mean that you can try out all of the rooms before deciding which one you would like to "settle down" with.

Why not take a look at the following 3 iPoker overview threads and information regarding their respective VIP clubs to find out a little more about converting points into bonuses (theoretically rakeback)

Poker770 Overview Thread

Learn more about the Poker770 VIP Club

Titan Overview Thread

Learn more about the Titan VIP Club

William Hill Overview Thread

Learn more about the William Hill VIP Scheme

Thankls for opening our eyes :rolleyes:

However as sng player with 10% roi and huge volumes good vb/rb deal significantly improve my win rate