garaiss78

• garaiss78
      garaiss78
      Bronze
      Hi im garaiss78. I have been playing poker for some time mostly MTT and Sngs so im new for cash games.So i would like to learn play cash becouse u can play it for 2h or 10min when u need to go just close tables and go.I dont have a lot time im working so i will have 1 day a week to watch videos do homework and off course play poker.I hope wen i will finish school i will be a better cash player:) .GL to me
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there garaiss,

Welcome to our beginners course!

Superhappy to have you here and looking forward to see your homework every week!

Time is indeed a problem to many of us who would like to dedicate more to poker than we can, but let's make the best of the time you can spend on it.

Good luck
      Ingrid
    • garaiss78
      garaiss78
      Bronze
      So thats my first lesson
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Its new expierence u are learning something new trying to go up by levels cash is diferent than MTT or Sng .U set ur targets and then working hard to reach them.
      What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      1.Im getting bored when im not getting playable hands for some time and im starting to play more lose stile
      2.Plaing tired or play poker and do something else
      3.Tilt- play very lose
      What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      That means ur carefuly picking hands to play and u are always in position when u play them.And u are keeping other players under presure so they must make hard decisions
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Boredom in poker is like boredom at work. You going to start to do things which you shouldn't and which might even put you doing those things which you shouldn't do. Like playing too loose, playing too many hands, calling too loose at showdowns. All those kind of mistakes will cost you a lot in poker. Now think of poker as making money, don't you want to make money? Which means you also have to find anything against the boredom. For some it might be fixed with playing more tables, some trying to force themselves against the boredom and always try to remind yourself what you are doing on the tables. Try out different things for yourself but try to fix the leak with the boredom. Boredom may force you doing also such things which may distract your game. Distractions therefore can make to also loose money:
      Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube(etc). This might work for some. Also train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way.

Playing tired can cause a lot problems. Usually you are moody when tired and get easily angry. Which means you get easily tilty that brings towards you playing less your A-game. You have to find a way to adjust to that. For example against tilt:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing rather few hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.