NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($47.75)
      Hero ($6.90)
      UTG ($23.48)
      UTG+1 ($5.18)
      CO ($12.92)
      BTN ($22.55)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20, fold, SB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $1.40, UTG+1 calls $1.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.20) 8:heart: 8:club: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $2, UTG+1 raises to $3.78 (AI), Hero???

Here some (unknown) midstack player limps and then calls my raise. The cbet I should have used to put him AI instead of the bet I used. My question here: can I call his AI?

Which range could villain have here? First post the range, then look at his hand ...

Hero calls $1.78

TURN ($10.76) 8:heart: 8:club: 4:diamond: 9:heart:

RIVER ($10.76) 8:heart: 8:club: 4:diamond: 9:heart: 2:spade:

Hero shows J:diamond: A:club: (Pre 77%, Flop 88.7%, Turn 93.2%)

UTG+1 shows 3:spade: J:club: (Pre 23%, Flop 11.3%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero wins $10.23

OK, the hand previous to this one I got sucked out. Is he trying to abuse it against me, assuming I might be tilting?
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey VipKen,

Without any provided information it's almost impossible to put this villain on range. Is he a regular SSS/MSS, is he a tilted fish that just lost a pot thus his stack size? Here you should be the one to give villain a range because even if you played only few hands with him you should at least get a bit of a picture what kind of player he is.

About the hand, you should raise bigger preflop so you have slightly less than potsize left on the flop and can shove directly any flop. As played, you have to call the raise because even against strong range like a pair or better you have enough equity to go broke against.

As for his range, I believe most players will have a good A-high/4x/PP in their range when they raise you. However, as I said such opponent can be just a fish gambling away the rest of his stack and can have pretty much any two, but one should figure that out from observations.

Best regards,
      burek2000