4bet 18 (33)
      4bet range 2.6 (33)
      fold to cbet 68
      fold to cbet turn 40 (5)
      wtsd 23
      w$sd 55
      bet in position 50 (8)
      hands 2044

Is there something I can do about this? It like imposible to bluff them. The fold ot cbet stat is ok. But maybe against me he floats because he knows I am cbetting this flop 100%, so the the real fold to cbet becomes 0 instead of 68 and he knows I will not bluff second time if there is no scare card so he has easy decition - take the pot if I stop and give up if I bet. Maybe just stop cbeting him until I will see that he folds in 3bet pots to a cbet? Then I will earn some cash with hands that have some value and will not waste money with those which don't have value. but this time I had backdorr straighdraw and overcards, so for this reason it should be mstake not to cbet.
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      What is your second barrel% like in this spot?

If you are noticing players calling your cbet on alot of flops like this with hand that have missed (small PPs etc) then betting into your check on the turn, you need to start reacting in two ways -

:diamond: add a second barrel cbet sometimes
      :diamond: rather than automatically barreling this player when you hold an overpair, check-raise him

Obviously you don't want to get into the habit of automatically doing either of these actions. On this board and against the villain's call-3bet range you may well be way behind - 77-JJ have all beaten you by that turn (88 has the straight). This board is actually a very good one to surrender on.

Now if the board was more like 2-7-T-2 you should add a second shot, and with JJ+ you could consider check-raising someone who is floating often, or even check-calling and hoping they barrel the river with their unimproved 88-99 type hands.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Now if the board was more like 2-7-T-2 you should add a second shot

you mean - even with AQ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Now if the board was more like 2-7-T-2 you should add a second shot

you mean - even with AQ?
      yeah, he really doesn´t have there hands that he can call you down.
      Here I think c/f is fine.
      You can barrel, but there are so many two pair and straight combos, that I would also likely not bet with aces, so c/f AQ seems reasonable
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      forget to answer this:
      What is your second barrel% like in this spot?

in this spot I am stopping barrel a lot of hands I think. Even 8x I think is not worht a bet, because he is not calling with worse anyway. KQ maybe is a bet, but maybe again I am not getting calls, so with KQ probaly I should c/c to get value from bluffs.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Nah, you've gotta fire KQ there to take value from 2paired hands or slowplayed sets. While the straight should kill any chance of them raising you and getting all-in, they will still pay big streets twice.