This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Making the notes: what do you write there?

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      There always is talk about making notes and I also do make notes on villains, especcially regulars, but I have never discussed this topic with anyone.

So, anyone cares to tell what notes they tend to make on villains?

I normally write down unusual plays, like limpraising AA from UTG from example.

How many notes do you end up writing on average?

I have some villains with history of few hundred hands, who have 4-5 notes, but I also have some with 20K+ without any notes (probably because they dont seem to do anything out of the ordinary).
  • 2 replies
    • CollinMoshman
      CollinMoshman
      Coach
      Coach
      The best notes are ones that tell you useful info that your HUD won't readily tell you -- like if a player will just about always fold the turn after checking back the flop in HU pots, or is normally passive but capable of bluff-raising the river.

I think good notes are also fairly general and quick to interpret later, rather than details of how someone played a specific hand.
    • SnakeDoctor44
      SnakeDoctor44
      Bronze
      Just note down thing like if he go's all in with middle pair or all in pre-flop with rags etc.

If you are planning on playing the same stakes for a while then it will be profitable in the long run. If you have noted the player is a maniac then you can maybe call his overbet on the river with 2 pair etc because you think he is bluffing/thinks his bottom pair is the best hand etc.