difference between when to start/stop @ different limits?

• giordin0
      giordin0
      Bronze
      hiya guys..

i'v recently been playing poker.. altho i'm not a real number-cruncher (im not YET calculating pot odds vs things like implied's odds or fold-equity (both things i do not yet understand since im only a "bronze" player, and one might even say i do not yet have to understand these things... but still.. i WANT TO!) but i think i somehow get the overall feeling..

nontheless.. after a bit of "practice"-learning on partypoker i started playing on titan..

And then i find it kind of "tipical" that my highest stacksize's on 0.02/0.04 tables almost always end up somewhere a little under 15$ (which is 3x buyin or perhaps in some BB caluclation is 3x MAX BB buyin) and on 0.01/0.02 tables my highest stacksizes end up somewhere around $7.50.. (which is "only 1,5 x max buyin", but when calculating BB whise again 3x "MAX" BB buyin (as at those limits max buyin should actualy be 2,50.... no? feel free to correct me if im wrong))

this overall is proving for myself that i like BSS etc, but thats besides the point, my question is: am i seeing things correctly, should i "quit/inn my winings @ 3x max BB buyin and go for another run" ? (actually sticking around after hitting 15$ usually makes me drop back to 13$ merely on blinds or cold-calls, due to nobody ever calling/betting my hands or draws even). Should i go for a higher limit ? (altho my bankroll is not up for it, due to some fishy (smells like SSS-all-in madness mistakes).. should i go for more StrategyPoints to get acces to better articles which might answer my question? Anyone whiling to discuss/explain apart from the strategy articles? :)

grtz out,

gio

,-
  • 1 reply
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello giordin0,

In the beginning the most important thing to do is learn, learn and learn. That means you should take your time to gain experience even if you think you can beat the levels and not move up.

I am not sure what you are refering to with your questions about the limits but I can say this much:

The Shortstack strategy should be played with 20BB of whatever limit you are on. That means if you cannot buy-in with just 20BB you cannot play SSS on that limit. This is why .05/.10 is usually the first limit where one can actually play SSS.

If you are playing on .02/.04 tables a shortstack strategy buy-in would be 80 cents. Since you are playing with $5-$15 dollar stacks you are playing BSS - which is an entirely different concept. While playing BSS you do not need to get up after reaching a certain level of money (unless you start playing looser or worse suddenly).

Keep reading articles - watch videos - and stick the Bankrollmanagment (very very important). For now all your attention should be focused on improving your game.

Best regards and good luck at the tables,
      SoyCD