Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $6,37
      Hero:
      $4,51

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , T:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0,04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0,16.

I raise, because of his full stack and I am huge favorite against his limping range.

Flop: ($0,46) Q:heart: , J:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,24, UTG1 calls $0,24.

I made little bit more than 1/2 pot bet, because I hit SD. Maybe I shoud more because of FD?

Turn: ($0,94) 7:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

He checks and I don`t hit anythiong so I take free card.

River: ($0,94) K:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,45, UTG1 calls $0,45.

Here I made my straight but there is also made FD on board. Shoud I only check back, because oponent coud check/raise me. I will definitely fold if he made strong check/raise. Minimum raise I would probably call.

Final Pot: $1,84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG1 shows (Kd Ts)
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (As Th)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (As Th)
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Standard raise pf with your hand. You´re ahead of his limp/calling range+ you have position

I made little bit more than 1/2 pot bet, because I hit SD. Maybe I shoud more because of FD?
      - since you don´t have pair yet I like betting there also half potsize to give myself free turn and river card (if he just c/c) and he might easily c/f smt like 44 or hand that has equity (87, 67)

He checks and I don`t hit anythiong so I take free card.
      - if player likes to c/c a lot oop you can consider barreling turn to 0.6$. First you put a lot of pressure to his 88 and JT type hands and since 7 is blank, you can easily be ahead with AT and would bet value against draws. But going to pot control is also fine.

Should I only check back, because oponent coud check/raise me. I will definitely fold if he made strong check/raise. Minimum raise I would probably call.
      - players would bet flushes on the river, so I don´t think you´re beat and should definitely go to valuebet. I´d bet 0.7$, since if he has there Kx or Qx he would call me down and likely would fold worse hands. Against c/rai you can fold, but that would almost never happen. I´d also call if he only min-raised me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mylove190207,

Well, that's kinda stupid to think that if you don't hit a pair then you bet it 1/2. :D Just get used to it and make almost the same sizes with every hand. Obviously in this case it might work but at the same time if you were playing on higher limits and with more experienced players they could easily just Check/Raise against your weak bet size on such a board. Would you ever bet like that with JJ/QQ/AQ/KQ/KK+ type of hands?

Best Regards.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Would you ever bet like that with JJ/QQ/AQ/KQ/KK+ type of hands?
      :D :D
      Not realy. I woud bet 2/3 of pot for value and protection.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Would you ever bet like that with JJ/QQ/AQ/KQ/KK+ type of hands?
      :D :D
      Not realy. I woud bet 2/3 of pot for value and protection.
      So practically the same could a regular think when he sees you betting like this. :D