Rake on Micro Sit n Gos

• thegreengobli
      thegreengobli
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Want to play $1 sit and gos on titan, however the rake for all of them seems to be $0.20. This is 20% rake, so im having to play the Super Turbo Doulbe Ups and the rake is only $0.10. Anyone know if there are any 10% rake regular Sit and Go at the micro level on titan?

Thanks

Owen
  • 8 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Not on ipoker network - go play somewhere else
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      Unfortunately it is 20% rake for all of the Turbo SnGs up to $5+1, after that I think it is $10+1.

Party recently changed their rake structure, so you now have $5 +$0.50 since they felt that 20% rake at the micros was a bit excessive. Might be worth checking them out.

Ongame is the same, 20% rake as well.

Personally, at these limits though, I would play somewhere really soft like PKR or 888.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DtotheC
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      Unfortunately it is 20% rake for all of the Turbo SnGs up to $5+1, after that I think it is $10+1.

Party recently changed their rake structure, so you now have $5 +$0.50 since they felt that 20% rake at the micros was a bit excessive. Might be worth checking them out.

Ongame is the same, 20% rake as well.

Personally, at these limits though, I would play somewhere really soft like PKR or 888.
      That's not true - @Entraction netwok (24h poker), Microgaming Network (Unibet, Ladbrokes), Everest poker... rake is 10%
      And Party is now 5.4$+0.6$
      I'm sure you have more incentive to sell Ipoker's and Party's offers but still...

One more thing there isn't ANY site nowadays that have 5$+1$ (since Party decreased rake) even for normal sng's, all of them have 0.5$ rake or less for faster structures.
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      We were talking about iPoker Gerovit :)

You were right though, Ongame only has 10%. That will teach me for relying on what another player said instead of going and checking myself!

Outside of stars ipoker, & ongame, I would recommend party as an overall compromise in terms of traffic, decent software and soft tables without too much rake.

As a general rule of thumb though, Ongame has probably the best SnG traffic outside of Stars and their VIP systems are geared towards SnG players.
    • thegreengobli
      thegreengobli
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies. Think ill check stars. 20% rake is excessive. probably shouldn't jump to the $5 yet.

Cheers

Owen
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by thegreengobli
      Thanks for your replies. Think ill check stars. 20% rake is excessive. probably shouldn't jump to the $5 yet.

Cheers

Owen
      GL mate. Stars is a good choice, though the tables there are typically the toughest anywhere.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DtotheC
      We were talking about iPoker Gerovit :)

You were right though, Ongame only has 10%. That will teach me for relying on what another player said instead of going and checking myself!

Outside of stars ipoker, & ongame, I would recommend party as an overall compromise in terms of traffic, decent software and soft tables without too much rake.

As a general rule of thumb though, Ongame has probably the best SnG traffic outside of Stars and their VIP systems are geared towards SnG players.
      Oh sorry for being maybe little rude, i thought that you disagreed with me when you quoted me :f_confused:

Also to add that, surprisingly, Microgaming has much more sng traffic than ipoker and Party (6-max tho)
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Yeah, rake does suck on ipoker.

20% on $1
      20% on $2
      10% on $5
      10% on $10

etc

However, you could argue that the traffic is better than other sites. I also play from time to time on merge(10% rake on $1 and $2), but the traffic is pretty dire - I can mostly get like 4-5 tables running at the same time.

on iPoker, I usually 10 table(not optimum for my ROI but I usually do it for the FDBs, rake races etc) the $1 level. It's got good traffic all throughout the day.

The $2 level is a bit weird. I think the 20$% rake has driven a lot of players away. The traffic is about 5 times worse than the $1 level through the day. Most nights you could easily get 10 tables up at the same time but the day time traffic sucks on the $2s.