Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $3.92
      Hero:
      $4.37

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.46) 7:spade: , 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.28, MP1 raises to $0.60, Hero...

With the min-raise I figured it could be just a bluff check-raise a lot, thinking that I will have missed that flop a lot. I considered that it could be a flush draw but he doesn't create much fold equity with the minbet. It could of course be a 7 or 55.

But how do I proceed from here? I was pretty sure folding is never an option, but I don't think I like calling too much either, so do I raise, and if so how much?

• 7 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Push and play for stack IMO. Any raise make you committed on turn and you don't want any high card or diamond to screw the board. I've seen plenty of TT/99 calling the push.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Try bet more on flop. Around $0,35 or $0,40. Then if he raise you you shoud fold. In this case I will probably go broke. Anyway, if you are not sure what to do, I advice fold. It works for me. :f_biggrin:
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      That would be very -ev I never know what to do :D
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Try bet more on flop. Around $0,35 or $0,40. Then if he raise you you shoud fold. In this case I will probably go broke. Anyway, if you are not sure what to do, I advice fold. It works for me. :f_biggrin:
      I would never fold to a ch/raise on this board with JJ and position. Any pocket pairs may ch/raise what looks like a cbet on that flop, FD/SD as well.

Only 7X and 55 beats you and that's a very narrow range compared to what villain might have.

Opponent can't have QQ+ as he flatted the 3b pre. And 88/99/TT will sometimes happily go in on this board.

If you are not sure you can call with position and if no high cards hit, call down.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Scooney,

Well, the first case is that I'd definitely CBet it bigger ~$0,36 at least. But as played well, doubt that I am able to fold my hand while the opponent seems to be super-aggressive. There is no point to Call and let him catch a free card, on turn we will be committed and therefore just protect your hand and get it in. :) His range may easily be draws/TP/weaker PPs.

Best Regards.
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Well for those interested, I shoved and he called with QQ :/
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Scooney
      Well for those interested, I shoved and he called with QQ :/
      Then note him down with what he limped. :)