This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 QK with paired board!

• anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $1.04
      UTG2:
      $5.55
      MP1:
      $1.60
      MP2:
      $4.52
      MP3:
      $1.80
      CO (Hero):
      $3.82
      BU:
      $3.81
      SB:
      $1.76
      BB:
      $4.54

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.2) T, 5, T (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.16, BU folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.52) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.52.

Was it right to take a bluff with this kind of boards? Here, I got a very loose and very passive player on TURN. Did it make sense to continue to make a bluff like this with this kind of boards, and with this kind of players?
  • 4 replies
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      I prefer no to. Because in such multiway pots are big chance that someone hit something that is good enough for call. I prefer not to bild a pot on such board with so many oponents.
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      I think its a decent spot to take a stab on the flop, though when you get a call, and a second pair on the flop I might be inclined to check behind. Yes you can probably get flush draws to fold but as you said he's very passive, a T and a 5 could play c/c, and a random A might continue thinking he has showdown value. You're only really getting worse hands to fold I think.

Pre-flop I think you should raise rather than limp. Take the initiative while you can as more often not you'll miss the flop and won't necessarily have the opportunity to take a stab at it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello anhvusa,

Preflop: Standard iso-raise here rather than limp in and play in such a multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: Standard spot to just Check behind, not worth take stabs. You ain't gonna make a lot worse hands to Fold. I don't really understand why didn't you raise it preflop and take the pot down right there than make such play postflop with air.

You said even the guy is loose then I doubt that we will have a lot fold equity there anyways.

Best Regards.
    • anhvusa
      anhvusa
      Bronze
      @all: Welcome and thanks for all constructive feedback. :) I've learned something from this case and hopefully I could make better moves next time instead of doing silly and nonsense mistakes like this.

Thanks and best regards.