This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Too Passive ?

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $1,09
      MP3:
      $1,79
      CO:
      $1,2
      Hero:
      $2,02

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , J:club:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, CO calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,11) Q:heart: , 9:club: , 2:spade: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0,06, Hero calls $0,06, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,06.

Turn: ($0,29) 4:heart: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,26, MP3 calls $0,26, CO calls $0,18.

River: ($1,07) 3:diamond: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1,07

played to passively? i could of raise the flop easley and maybe bet turn ? what do you think?

Thank you for your comments,
      Bogdan
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Not at all.

I don't think on the flop you can raise in a multi-way pot like that.

Raising on turn is fine but I would probably even call turn. Raising is just too thin of value. You had position and you can go pot control. And other hands like KQ/AQ can easily go check/calling you all the way.
    • Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      I would raise preflop and collect dead money. If they call, you still have huge advantegies: position and initiative and still win pot 80% since limpers usually play fit/fold. So it's equity+ spot for sure even against 3 limpers. And if you hit flop like that, limpers gonna pay you with draws and medium pairs for sure
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tombic
      I would raise preflop and collect dead money. If they call, you still have huge advantegies: position and initiative and still win pot 80% since limpers usually play fit/fold. So it's equity+ spot for sure even against 3 limpers. And if you hit flop like that, limpers gonna pay you with draws and medium pairs for sure
      Agreed. Didn't notice the flat-call pre!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bogdan1190,

Preflop: You can as well even consider to isolate here and not try to overplay TP type of hands postflop. :) Although obviously it's not a huge mistake to Call with the hand but your plan will be to play for strong made hands only.

As played
      Postflop: Well, kinda marginal to raise on turn being in multiway pot. I guess I'd rather take the pot control there and Call it. There ain't gonna be that many draws from we should be scared but we could just value-town ourselves against strong hands.

Best Regards.