[NL2-NL10] QQ nl2

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      Dont like being in sandwitch on flop, so decided to push. Still TT-JJ can call me, but not sure it was right

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $3,91
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $4,11

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG2 calls $0,02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,10, BU calls $0,10, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,33) 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 2:club: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0,22, BU raises to $0,50, UTG2 calls $0,50, Hero raises to $1,90 (All-In), BU calls $1,40, UTG2 calls $1,40.

Turn: ($6,03) A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, BU checks.

River: ($6,03) T:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6,03
  • 4 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Well it looks like a extremely nasty spot on the flop. When UTG2 calls you should expect both players to go in when you push. And you can also be sure that UTG2 is on a draw hand instead of a set. The question is what BU have: Is he ever flatting with 99-JJ and raise on this flop?

Given how unclear the situation is, you can play it safe by flatting the 3bet on the flop and see how things develop on the turn. Here when the A of diamond comes you can certainly find a fold then.

I will wait to see what the judges say. This is an interesting hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

Well, the problem on flop is that if you are going to flat on flop. What's your plan on blank turn? It will be pretty hard for us to continue there and most likely the guy will even 2nd barrel. For that given reason I'd make my decision right on flop, either I am going to continue or not. Although for the given reasons that BU is taking a raise into multiway pot and after UTG2 even calls which might be even a trap I'd be towards folding my hand than going for thin spot to go broke. :(

Best Regards.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Well, the problem on flop is that if you are going to flat on flop. What's your plan on blank turn? It will be pretty hard for us to continue there and most likely the guy will even 2nd barrel. For that given reason I'd make my decision right on flop, either I am going to continue or not. Although for the given reasons that BU is taking a raise into multiway pot and after UTG2 even calls which might be even a trap I'd be towards folding my hand than going for thin spot to go broke. :(

Best Regards.
      When I agree with most of what you said I don't think UTG2 can be trapping. Any slow-played set there will show its strength and raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      When I agree with most of what you said I don't think UTG2 can be trapping. Any slow-played set there will show its strength and raise.

Not a guy who is playing 58/12 who doesn't even understand what's good odds or bad odds. :D Slowplay = teh nuts with set for him. :> Way too many times seen that. But no doubt that he also may have drawing hands/weaker made hands in his range.