[NL2-NL10] floating

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      my plan was to float flop and take pot on turn since board dosnt fit his range. Pretty much the same on turn, but dunno if i'd have courage to bet on river. Should i fold flop or turn or river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $2,35
      Hero:
      $2,2

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:club:
      MP1 raises to $0,06, Hero calls $0,06, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,15) T:club: , 6:club: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,11, Hero calls $0,11.

Turn: ($0,37) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,27, Hero calls $0,27.

River: ($0,91) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 raises $1,91 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,82
  • 5 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I don't mind the float but as he 2 barrels I will fold turn before the pot gets too big as it will be hard to call a bet on river even if you hits an A or a Q as opponent can easily have AT or QT.
    • Jaccuzzi
      Jaccuzzi
      Bronze
      i agree i think you should fold turn because second barrel indicates monster and i don't think that he's bluffing because he raises preflop 8% of the hands and that agression doesn't add up with his stats.
      A reraise on turn is out of question because blank showed up and opponent still bets. Remember the rule that if you want to float you need a suitable card on turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tombic,

Preflop: Well, I don't really like your Call vs almost UTG here having 5 opponents behind you with AQo. Your hand ain't strong in multiway pots and for that reason I'd really rather Raise or just fold here and allow others to get great odds to call with any hands.

As played
      Postflop: No point to Call on turn, don't over-level yourself there. Whatever he has I am not going to play like this station-like play. Even raising the flop is much better if you expect him to CBet a lot of turns.

Best Regards.
    • Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Preflop: Well, I don't really like your Call vs almost UTG here having 5 opponents behind you with AQo. Your hand ain't strong in multiway pots and for that reason I'd really rather Raise or just fold here and allow others to get great odds to call with any hands.

Very true. But in this pot blinds were main fishes both vpip 60+, who doesnt care about position or 3 bets. And i dont want to play 3 bet- multiway pot as dont want to fold such hand preflop when i have best position on fishes. What would be your advice in such situation?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Very true. But in this pot blinds were main fishes both vpip 60+, who doesnt care about position or 3 bets. And i dont want to play 3 bet- multiway pot as dont want to fold such hand preflop when i have best position on fishes. What would be your advice in such situation?

Well, I am happy to play against their calling range and 3bet there. :) Your AQ most often will be even ahead against their calling range and most likely those loose opponents wont bet anyways postflop without having a hand.

It's much worse to play AQo in a multiway pot and then doing mistake against loose opponents while trying to go broke with TP.