[NL2-NL10] NL25: J3 in BB

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.43
      SB:
      $24.75

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , 3:club:
      8 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.75.

Filling up SB only nearly always shows weakness to me and in most of the cases I raise it if it doesn't happen too often from the same opponent. Most of the cases I win the hand directly if villain shows further aggression I will give up my weak hands.

Flop: ($2.00) A:heart: , J:spade: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises to $4.43 (All-In), SB folds.

At this spot I definitely do not give him an A, thinking he would have tried to steal my BB instead of just filling up. My sorrow was another J due to my weak kicker. Not feeling very well with my push even though it worked. Yr. opinion?

Final Pot: $8.43
  • 4 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      definitely too aggressive) Your opponents behavior illustrates why it is marginal on NL 25) You have less FE and opponents is capable of donking) you had quite an easy decision on flop here and i like your thoughts, but I still think J3o is worth checking down)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      definitely too aggressive)

but I still think J3o is worth checking down)
      yep I agree. But checking down you mean to call and check down?

Then I would prefer to directly fold against his raise because I save the 2$ being sure he would bet again and than I nearly have to assume that he has the A or a better J. Or did I misunderstand?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gremlin68
      Originally posted by xylere
      definitely too aggressive)

but I still think J3o is worth checking down)
      yep I agree. But checking down you mean to call and check down?

Then I would prefer to directly fold against his raise because I save the 2$ being sure he would bet again and than I nearly have to assume that he has the A or a better J. Or did I misunderstand?
      I think that xylere meant to check down preflop, because SB just called big blind.

And I personally think that raising with J3o is too aggressive and I like to check preflop and hope for some good cards on the flop, even if there's just limping SB in play. I'd need at least Ax if I was about to raise in this kind of situation.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      xylere meant checking in the BB, their is no reason for us to raise here on this limit with that hand.