$2.17
      MP3:
      $2.16
      CO:
      $1.68
      Hero:
      $1.91

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.07, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.07, Hero raises to $0.28, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.62, CO folds, Hero calls $0.34.

Flop: ($1.34) 6:spade: , 3:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.88, Hero raises to $1.29 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.41.

Turn: ($3.92) 7:spade:
      River: ($3.92) 5:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.92

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a pair of kings (Kh Kd)
      Hero shows (Jh Jd)

MP2 wins with a pair of kings (Kh Kd)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SilverFace,

Preflop: Well, of course the 3bet here is totally fine. But also you have to ask yourself what you gonna plan with it? Do you plan it for value? Do you do it as bluff? Since it's not always the case that JJ is only for value. JJ is a hand which you most likely can at the best get a coinflip. Also usually people wont 4bet with a lot worse hands. For given this example I'd even consider folding vs his 4bet or either way if you took him as very maniac-type player then why do you 3bet in first place and not ship it vs his 4bet? Doesn't make sense to take a look at the flop and see any kind of overcards.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add and you can't do much as you Called it preflop. Should be either way consider to fold it or ship it preflop.

Best Regards.
    • SilverFace
      SilverFace
      Bronze
      I 3bet to isolate the maniac and called his 4bet to fold on flop if there was overcards... I put him on AQ or AK. and interpreted his bet on flop as a bluff... (all regarding my reads).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SilverFace
      I 3bet to isolate the maniac and called his 4bet to fold on flop if there was overcards... I put him on AQ or AK. and interpreted his bet on flop as a bluff... (all regarding my reads).
      You ain't gonna play it profitable in long run. I mean you ain't gonna get value from overcards if you just Call preflop. ;) It's a horrible mistake you do by calling. Also might even fold best hand on flop if you face overcards.
    • SilverFace
      SilverFace
      Bronze
      Ok, I see... thanks Coach :]
      /respect