$28.92
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $32.81
      MP2:
      $10.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 8.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 4, 9, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($8.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75.

Final Pot: $15.75.

Results follow:

BU shows a straight, ten high(9c Td).
      Hero shows two pairs, nines and eights(9d 8d).

BU wins with a straight, ten high(9c Td).

Preflop: So this guy was playing tag-ish and whenever he raised pre he was almost always betting flop and turn no matter what he had (he got caught bluffing a few times), also he raised like every button that was folded to him so i didn t put him on much of a hand... Thought about 3betting pre to just win it there but decided not to because i was 3betting pre a lot and didn t want to overdo it...

Flop: So i flop top pair and decide just to check call so i can keep him bluffing if he is bluffing and keep the pot small if he is ahead (my read was that i was ahead).

Turn: A 7 hits ott giving me a oesd so i check again and he bets again witch i expected him to do... I still think i am ahead and i know he d bet the turn with air as so i decided just to call again because i think if i raise he d only call me with better hands and i don t want to turn my hand into a bluff otr, also i want him to keep bluffing if he s bluffing (and i think he is).

River: The river gives me two pair but completes a flush draw and puts a 4 card straight on the board. I actually liked this card because i didn t put him on a draw (the only time he was in a hand agains t me and he didn t c-bet after he raised pre was when he was drawing), also i thought that this would look like a good card for him to continue his bluff if he is bluffing...
      Didn t put him on a flush, didn t put him on a straight (except some random bluff like 10x), the only 3 hands that beat me and make sense to me were 910 (witch is unlikely), 1010 and 810 (i think he checks a set back because every draw hits)... The only thing really worrying me was the bet size otr but i couldn t help myself...

So do you think it s a good call? Also if someone would play any street differently, please let me know...
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think pf call is most questionable. Problem calling there suited connectors is that you´re oop and you may easily get barreled off your hand, so it is very hard to show that spot profit. I would personally prefer 3-betting to take initiative and put a lot of pressure against BU wide opening range. If he 4-bets me I´m fine to fold, but I think I can also play good enough against him postflop to make 3-bet more profitable than calling or folding.

Postflop is standard. Can´t really fold at any point, so I would personally just b/f river myself to get value from overpairs that would check back most of the times that river card.