This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 89s out of sb vs bu raise passive

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $18.16
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $37.88
      SB (Hero):
      $30.10
      BB:
      $28.92
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $32.81
      MP2:
      $10.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 8.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 4, 9, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($8.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75.

Final Pot: $15.75.

Results follow:

BU shows a straight, ten high(9c Td).
      Hero shows two pairs, nines and eights(9d 8d).

BU wins with a straight, ten high(9c Td).

Preflop: So this guy was playing tag-ish and whenever he raised pre he was almost always betting flop and turn no matter what he had (he got caught bluffing a few times), also he raised like every button that was folded to him so i didn t put him on much of a hand... Thought about 3betting pre to just win it there but decided not to because i was 3betting pre a lot and didn t want to overdo it...

Flop: So i flop top pair and decide just to check call so i can keep him bluffing if he is bluffing and keep the pot small if he is ahead (my read was that i was ahead).

Turn: A 7 hits ott giving me a oesd so i check again and he bets again witch i expected him to do... I still think i am ahead and i know he d bet the turn with air as so i decided just to call again because i think if i raise he d only call me with better hands and i don t want to turn my hand into a bluff otr, also i want him to keep bluffing if he s bluffing (and i think he is).

River: The river gives me two pair but completes a flush draw and puts a 4 card straight on the board. I actually liked this card because i didn t put him on a draw (the only time he was in a hand agains t me and he didn t c-bet after he raised pre was when he was drawing), also i thought that this would look like a good card for him to continue his bluff if he is bluffing...
      Didn t put him on a flush, didn t put him on a straight (except some random bluff like 10x), the only 3 hands that beat me and make sense to me were 910 (witch is unlikely), 1010 and 810 (i think he checks a set back because every draw hits)... The only thing really worrying me was the bet size otr but i couldn t help myself...

So do you think it s a good call? Also if someone would play any street differently, please let me know...
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think pf call is most questionable. Problem calling there suited connectors is that you´re oop and you may easily get barreled off your hand, so it is very hard to show that spot profit. I would personally prefer 3-betting to take initiative and put a lot of pressure against BU wide opening range. If he 4-bets me I´m fine to fold, but I think I can also play good enough against him postflop to make 3-bet more profitable than calling or folding.

Postflop is standard. Can´t really fold at any point, so I would personally just b/f river myself to get value from overpairs that would check back most of the times that river card.