[NL20-NL50] NL 25 JK river valuebet

• PickoCro
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.6) J, Q, 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75.

Turn: ($6.1) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($10.6) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.99, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.6.

Nothing much to say or explain about the hand except the river... This guy was playing really tight and i put him on some type of queen. When the river hits i am confident i have the best hand but i have no idea what to bet to not make it obvious i have a jack... I could have checked but it think he ll just check back, and any bet i make just makes me think it s obvious i have it so i just bet some random amount (pretty ashamed of the bet). Should i just bet mega small like 2-3$ or something?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      You aren't often getting much more value in this spot - call, bet OOP shows a fair amount of strength.

If he is calling $3 with AQ, KQ, QT there then he is calling $6. The bet size is fine.

Personally id put him on some sort of weird float, probably with a draw that didn't make it - KT kind of hand. Short of checking it to him again and hoping for another bluff-barrel to call, there isn't much else you can do here.
    • Kaitz20
      AQ might bet that spot, KQ and QT might check behind, but at the same time they might also fold if you bet.
      Jx would bet 100%. Since you c/c turn I think c/r river is better option than bet/call. He would sometimes have there some floats like AT/KT and might easily barrel river+ you´d likely get value anyway on Qx hands a lot of times, if his image is tight and he would not really call postflop QTs