This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 JK river valuebet

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $22.95
      MP1:
      $6.85
      MP2 (Hero):
      $34.23
      MP3:
      $26.29
      CO:
      $7.72
      BU:
      $27.73
      SB:
      $25.01
      BB:
      $26.39

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, J.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.6) J, Q, 3 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75.

Turn: ($6.1) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

River: ($10.6) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.99, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.6.

Nothing much to say or explain about the hand except the river... This guy was playing really tight and i put him on some type of queen. When the river hits i am confident i have the best hand but i have no idea what to bet to not make it obvious i have a jack... I could have checked but it think he ll just check back, and any bet i make just makes me think it s obvious i have it so i just bet some random amount (pretty ashamed of the bet). Should i just bet mega small like 2-3$ or something?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You aren't often getting much more value in this spot - call, bet OOP shows a fair amount of strength.

If he is calling $3 with AQ, KQ, QT there then he is calling $6. The bet size is fine.

Personally id put him on some sort of weird float, probably with a draw that didn't make it - KT kind of hand. Short of checking it to him again and hoping for another bluff-barrel to call, there isn't much else you can do here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      AQ might bet that spot, KQ and QT might check behind, but at the same time they might also fold if you bet.
      Jx would bet 100%. Since you c/c turn I think c/r river is better option than bet/call. He would sometimes have there some floats like AT/KT and might easily barrel river+ you´d likely get value anyway on Qx hands a lot of times, if his image is tight and he would not really call postflop QTs