[NL2-NL10] AK (tptk busted on river)

• SnakeDoctor44
      SnakeDoctor44
      Bronze
      Thanks in advance to anyone who helps evaluate my hand, much appreciated.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $15.99
      SB: $9.50
      Hero (BB): $10.74
      UTG: $9.68
      MP: $11.89
      CO: $10.18

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.05, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) K:spade: 9:heart: Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.07, BTN calls $1.07

Turn: ($4.29, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($8.69, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.51, Hero calls $6.42

BTN shows T:club: Q:spade: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (PreFlop 36%, Flop 32%, Turn 20%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: K:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Queens) (PreFlop 64%, Flop 68%, Turn 80%)
      BTN wins $20.46

I thought to call a 10xBB raise preflop this guy must have a weaker Ace. I would have expected a re-raise on the flop with QQ, KK or AA. T,J would have me beat but it was hard to put him on that after calling my raise pre-flop.
  • 3 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      I belive that is a rule never to go broke with TPTK :)

The river call is awfull what do you beat? from how he played ,he could have 99 AQ KQ, and i don't know the oop but if he is loose you could add a couple of connectors in his range TJ, T9

The river is not the best card for you and him raising all in is a clear clue that you are beat

On a board where a FD is possible a straight is possible and a full house is possible and somewone raises all in the river...Im pretty sure that chances of wining with TPTK are pretty low.

Why did you bet so small on the turn ? i would of bet around 3 bucks and if he shoves im kinda lost i think folding against a shove on turn would be better becouse you only have TPTK but i ususaly end up calling in this kind of situations too :P

since you bet 70c and he raises you i think that is better to either fold or 3-bet him but im more inclined to fold.

Best regards,
      Bogdan
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

BU vs BB I would stack off postflop. Since 4h is complete blank I would prefer bet/shoving turn. Mostly I´d bet there 3$ for value and then shove river, but if you think you induce more by betting small, then I´m also fine with that.
      Either way I would not really look to get away my hand, since I think he can get all-in with worse hands.

River c/c is debatable. It is hard to see that you now beat anything after flush and Qx completing and can´t really see him shoving Kx. But if you didn´t shove turn I think calling him down and let him turn smt like 9T or AT into bluff is also reasonable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SnakeDoctor44,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Well, the first question actually is right here, if we even should CBet just 1/2 pot size bet. Which may easily even induce him to raise against you. Plus if we even get raised it will be pretty hard for us to continue since what kind of hands do we beat which raise? I'd CBet ~$1,30-$1,50.

As played
      Turn: Pretty much the same thing, no point to bet it that smallish and show weakness with your bet size. Make a standard 2nd barrel and avoid him raising you. Doubt you even wanted to induce him to raise you. While you didn't mention anything about the opponent so is unknown, standard 2nd barrel size here. As played, there is no point to Call it and let him see another card, it wont change much for us, it my just change for him. Either way get it in right here or just fold the hand. Depending on what was your plan. We still need to protect our hand and being OOP is just horrible to Call.

As played
      River: Standard fold, I doubt he is shipping here with worse, what hands do you expect to beat now? Only a bluff and that's it.

Best Regards.