Verification problems :(

• dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Hello,

I deposited to much to Neteller and now my account has been frozen untill I verify my identity. I sent my ID and it was okay. In october I moved to an other city so they have to verify my adress. I sent a bill with the NEW adress to neteller from 18 septembr 2011 and this was the response: An address verification document you previously sent was rejected because it was issued older than 90 days before submission date. But the bill is from 18 september 2011 and it is obviously visibile! So I said this to the support and send it again and they said it again, without answering my note that it is from 18 september 2011.... I really like neteller as payment network, but my account is frozen now. :(

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
      Cees
  • 20 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there dutchsporter,

Welcome to our communities.

In order for us to look into your problem, could you please post your NETELLER ID?

Many thanks
      Ingrid
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      acc no: 456923513736
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dutchsporter
      I'll get our Key account manager to look into this. Please have a little patience and I'll be back soon.

Ingrid
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Thank you so much
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I'll get our Key account manager to look into this. Please have a little patience and I'll be back soon.

Ingrid
      I really hope you can do something for me, because I'm waiting quite long. I really like NETELLER and I want to use it again as soons as possible :) .
      Compliments to the support if you can arrange this for me.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze

Ingrid
      I really hope you can do something for me, because I'm waiting quite long. I really like NETELLER and I want to use it again as soons as possible :) .
      Hi there again :)

The earliest we'll know is tomorrow morning. This time of the evening, nobody would be looking at our emails. I'll post as soon as we know more.

Ingrid
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic

Ingrid

The earliest we'll know is tomorrow morning. This time of the evening, nobody would be looking at our emails. I'll post as soon as we know more.

Ingrid
      Ok, thank you.
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic

Ingrid

Ingrid
      Ok, thank you.
      I just got an email with an other reason why it was declined: This is normally because we cannot verify the issuing institution as a valid service provider.
      So now I sent a new one again.... Hope for quick response and finally verification..
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Hi IngridN did you already heard something?
      It is really weird because the first reason was that is was out of date. Than I told him them twice it was from 18 september 2011 and this was clear visible. And the new reason is that they don't know the company from the bill. So yesterday I sent a new one again.

Every time new reasons :(
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi dutchsporter,

I will contact NETELLER today and ask to make sure you receive the proper support from them.

BR,
      Natalia
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Originally posted by MissNatalia
      Hi dutchsporter,

I will contact NETELLER today and ask to make sure you receive the proper support from them.

BR,
      Natalia
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      Do you have an indication when they verify my account? I'm sorry I keep posting but I am just worried, 1500 euro is in that account and that's a lot of money for me.

Thanks.
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      This is unbelievable !!

They said I should sent a document from my new adress, so I did this. Then they replied my mail as follow:

Your address verification document did not show the same address that is registered on your NETELLER account. To correct this, send a current address verification document that shows the same details. If the address on your document is completely correct, then the address on your NETELLER account may be incorrect or incomplete.

I said 4 times that I moved in October to an other city and that I should send from my new adress!!

What is this?

EDIT:

Maybe I should explain what’s the problem again. A week ago I deposited to much on my account. That’s why my account has been frozen. Now I need to verify my account. I made my account a long time ago and my address on my Neteller account is the old one.

I sent an email with my ID and a bill. This bill was addressed to my new address, because I live here since October 2010 and it shouldn’t be older than 90 days.

I got an email back and they said my ID was accepted but my address was different. So I explained them that I moved and they said I should sent a bill with my new address so I did this. They literally said: “Please be advised to provide us a copy of a utility bill to verify your address and then we will update your address in the account.” So I did this and this was the response: Your address verification document did not show the same address that is registered on your NETELLER account. To correct this, send a current address verification document that shows the same details. If the address on your document is completely correct, then the address on your NETELLER account may be incorrect or incomplete.

But I sent an e-mail with the bill addressed to the new address!! So the address on my NETELLER account is old.
    • dutchsporter
      dutchsporter
      Basic
      After calling and mailing several times it is finally solved.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi dutchsporter,

whew! glad to see you've finally managed to sort it out.
      what is next for you? have you decided which poker room you want to deposit to? or are you quitting poker? or?

why don't you check out this thread :)
      Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

keep us updated! and gl in your journey.

smiles,
      wendy
    • illium
      illium
      Bronze
      It appears that Neteller can't handle many common occurrences:
      1) Someone moving to a new address.
      2) Someone moving to another country.
      3) Someone putting too much money in their account (this is a classic).
      4) Someone requesting a Neteller withdrawal from a poker site that they have previously funded, but Neteller don't like anymore!
      5) Someone who doesn't have an ID that Neteller will accept (they made up their own rules here) after people opened a basic account.

So, for example if you don't drive, your passport has expired and your country doesn't have a nationally recognised ID card then you can never validate your account (without spending money or learning to drive), so if it gets frozen your only option is a wire transfer.

You can but hope that Neteller will wise up and recover their tarnished reputation.
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi illium,

I know you have had some bad experiences with NETELLER, I read on your other thread.

However, just to give you some answers to the comments:

Please remember that NETELLER is providing an e-wallet services. They hold and take care of your money and assurance of correct address is one of the proofs for them to keep your money safe.

There might be a way to avoid it - it makes sense sometimes to let them know that you will go travelling or permanently move to another country before you actually do that.
      They won't be surprised then that you have logged in from a different IP address.

The reason is classic as well - security measures, just making sure that it is still you using the account.
      But you agree to them - part of T&C and limits, see here for full information and just a quote i.e.
      Using the International Bank Transfer or Local Bank Deposit options, as well as when transferring, Unverified members are limited to a per transaction limit of 1,100 USD. Again, you are able to deposit more than this amount, but your account will be immediately frozen and you will need to verify your account to access those funds.

4) Someone requesting a Neteller withdrawal from a poker site that they have previously funded, but Neteller don't like anymore!
      This is a legal reason, NETELLER as any other company needs to follow legal rules of operations.

5) Someone who doesn't have an ID that Neteller will accept (they made up their own rules here) after people opened a basic account.
      Very often requesting a call in such cases is helpful.

Generally keeping safety measures is for the holder's good. It decreases a lot chances of someone hacking into your account.

I hope this helps,
      Nat.
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi illium,

I know you have had some bad experiences with NETELLER, I read on your other thread.

However, just to give you some answers to the comments:

Please remember that NETELLER is providing an e-wallet services. They hold and take care of your money and assurance of correct address is one of the proofs for them to keep your money safe.

There might be a way to avoid it - it makes sense sometimes to let them know that you will go travelling or permanently move to another country before you actually do that.
      If you are travelling to any of the banned countries listed here, please be sure not to sign in to your NETELLER account or it will automatically close. To use your Net+ Virtual Card when travelling to any of the above countries, please ensure to only use the Net+ Desktop Application, as signing in to your NETELLER account will close your account. In the case where your account is closed, your Net+ Card will not work.

The reason is classic as well - security measures, just making sure that it is still you using the account.
      But you agree to them - part of T&C and limits, see here for full information and just a quote i.e.
      Using the International Bank Transfer or Local Bank Deposit options, as well as when transferring, Unverified members are limited to a per transaction limit of 1,100 USD. Again, you are able to deposit more than this amount, but your account will be immediately frozen and you will need to verify your account to access those funds.

This is a legal reason, NETELLER as any other company needs to follow legal rules of operations.

Very often requesting a call in such cases is helpful. Please check here for Rejected Documents.

Generally keeping safety measures is for the holder's good. It decreases a lot chances of someone hacking into your account.

I hope this helps,
      Nat.
    • illium
      illium
      Bronze
      A very good response MissNatalia, I'm sure it will help many of the people in the forum who have experienced problems.

Most of the issues I highlighted I didn't have direct experience of, but it was clear that many forum members had.

With 1) and 2) If you try to access your account from another location or country with all the correct security credentials why is it necessary to permanently lock their account. Just put up a message telling them that access from that location is not permitted but that they can still access their account from their normal location? Also, they should send out an Email detailing what happened and how to update their details. Why is it the assumption that what is happening is somehow criminal? People move houses, change ISP, change Emails, access accounts from friends houses, change banks, have credit cards expire, the only response appears to be freeze account, no explanation. What happened to Email, telephone and plain old mail communications?

3) I've never exceeded my transfer limit for a basic account, but I did make a $300 transfer request from a poker site which did result in my account being frozen, and no transfer taking place. I have to assume that was why because after several requests for an answer they refused to tell me!

3) and 4) Might be related, but then again why should an account be frozen
      if a merchant is no longer supported by Neteller. This should be a simple email from Neteller to me stating "Merchant xxx is no longer supported", end of story, no account freeze, simple.

5) I agree that ID validation is essential for a validated account, I only ever wanted a basic account. To validate your account, whether you want to or not, in the UK there are only two possible methods, The UK National Identity Card and the Identification Card for EEA nationals ceased to be valid legal documents on 21 January 2011, either a Photo drivers license or a full unexpired UK passport, or if you don't drive, just the passport. Hardly seems like there is much option here?

Neteller already know, my name, my address, my telephone details, my credit card, my bank account, my Passport, my utility bill. my acct ID, my service ID, my password. That's security enough.