DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $10.00
      MP: $13.58
      Hero (CO): $15.02
      BTN: $11.65
      SB: $11.64
      BB: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K :club: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN raises to $1.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35) 3 :club: J :club: Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.70, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN raises to $10.55, Hero calls $6.05

Turn: ($23.45) 7 :spade: (2 players)

River: ($23.45) 2 :spade: (2 players)

15/15 15%3bet 58h
      Was my play ok?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello juhiimi,

Well, I don't like it. I mean with Check/Raise you ain't gonna make better hands to fold most likely. And only worse hands will fold, rather Check/Call and maybe even keep weaker hands in the play and reevaluate further actions.

But of course the calling of 3bet is also questionable, depends really on the table dynamics and how you saw the opponent. The sample is way too small to take into account 3bet stat.

Best Regards.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      I was check/raising because even if its little i have some fold equity against KK,AA.I dont like the check call because on the flop i have 50% equity against KK or AA and i would rather ship it there,and with check/raise i can make weaker hands to bet too.
      What do you think? :tongue:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by juhiimi
      I was check/raising because even if its little i have some fold equity against KK,AA.I dont like the check call because on the flop i have 50% equity against KK or AA and i would rather ship it there,and with check/raise i can make weaker hands to bet too.
      What do you think? :tongue:
      Well, that's what I was actually searching for. :> That you also get the understanding what you trying to make to fold. Although the question here is, why not just Check/Call? And if he is aggressive enough he might even 2barrel with weaker hands or even if the FD completes he might take it as scare-card. But your line is fine as well if you consider him not only having strong made hands in his range.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      :D
      Yes,but i dont see how he could barrel on the turn in a 3bet pot with air, but maybe...

Why is good for us if he takes the 3rd :club: as a scare card?Then the call on the flop is even worst because he might even fold his KK+ hands easyer on the turn if we make the flush.

I just didnt want it to call on the flop and then if my hand doesn't get better on the turn just fold it.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by juhiimi
      :D
      Yes,but i dont see how he could barrel on the turn in a 3bet pot with air, but maybe...

Why is good for us if he takes the 3rd :club: as a scare card?Then the call on the flop is even worst because he might even fold his KK+ hands easyer on the turn if we make the flush.

I just didnt want it to call on the flop and then if my hand doesn't get better on the turn just fold it.
      Well, the problem is if he has very strong made hands then you gonna need ~45% equity which includes rake, which means if you exclude rake the equity needed will be even higher for break-even. And for example strong made hands:

Board: 3:club: J:club: Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    42.68%  42.45%   0.23% { KcQc }
      UTG+1  57.32%  57.10%   0.23% { KK+, JJ }

Or either just against KK/AA:

Board: 3:club: J:club: Q:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.36%  46.06%   0.30% { KcQc }
      UTG+1  53.64%  53.33%   0.30% { KK+ }

You see it's not the spot where it's snap-go broke. :> At the best for us a split anyways.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Well,yes...i just looked in the HM and there it was 50% equity but i didnt notice only against AA and without any club if we include all the KK+ hands then we get a smaller eq :) .

Thank you!