[NL2-NL10] (NL 0.03/0.05) playing with stats...

• delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Known players:
      Position
      SB
      UTG2
      MP3
      CO

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.00) A:club: , 6:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.05, CO calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($1.15) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: ($1.15) A:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds.

Final Pot: $1.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Qh Td)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (Kh Ks)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and kings (Kh Ks)

As of yet, stats aren't showing on my tables, but i do keep alot of notes on players i come across everyday, this particular time i was lucky i had MP3 written down as a HUGE "calling station", with a massive range 75%+

FLOP: i was horrified at the flushing board, but when i saw such a weak bet i knew the draws were either weak or non-existent, but decided for the passive route either way.
      TURN: When everyone checked the turn, i took a chance at a value bet on the river, had any action followed i would have had to fold, especially once i saw the Ace on the end...
      And my notes seemed to pay off, the "calling station" still called a half-pot bet with Queen high lol.... :D
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello delanonunes,

Preflop: Why do you raise so small here? I'd raise it even ~$0,50 at least with so many limpers and being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Well, for the given odds of course you can't do much on flop vs multiway pot. Most likely I'd go for Check/Fold against bigger bets but for 1BB seems to be nice. Although I'd still just check the river, not really worth even betting 1BB, you ain't gonna block much in this case.

Best Regards.
    • Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      Why so huge ~0,50 $ ? 2x pot
      When it is his turn pot is 0,25$ -
      So he is doing ROL oop , and he knows there is at least one calling station.
      What about risk-reward ratio ?
      Putting 0,50 to win 0,25 ? - I dont see it as a good deal.
      I would bet 0,30 usually, and because oop, 0,35 , and because 1 calling stgation, 0,40 .
      So 0,40$ is my price - in order not to validate to much risk-reward ratio. And because of any limpers with Ax , and *A on the flop. So I will not lose to much in case of heat.
      What do you think coach ?

And unfortunatly we dont know the stacks of players.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Harnas31
      Why so huge ~0,50 $ ? 2x pot
      When it is his turn pot is 0,25$ -
      So he is doing ROL oop , and he knows there is at least one calling station.
      What about risk-reward ratio ?
      Putting 0,50 to win 0,25 ? - I dont see it as a good deal.
      I would bet 0,30 usually, and because oop, 0,35 , and because 1 calling stgation, 0,40 .
      So 0,40$ is my price - in order not to validate to much risk-reward ratio. And because of any limpers with Ax , and *A on the flop. So I will not lose to much in case of heat.
      What do you think coach ?

And unfortunatly we dont know the stacks of players.
      Are we talking about raise size preflop? And we want to win the pot? What? With KK we are almost ahead of everything, we want to extract value not just win the pot with our hand. :) $0,30 is just horrible raise size since there are so many limpers, you are giving them odds for any2 cards to call.
    • Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      I think you havent read my post.
      I think 0.30 is too little , but 0.50 is too much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I think you havent read my post.
      I think 0.30 is too little , but 0.50 is too much.
      Why should it be too much? So many limpers, we are OOP, players are loose. What would say against raising that amount?
    • Harnas31
      Harnas31
      Bronze
      Against ?
      - I just dont believe anyone without AA could call it, it's so huge.

Pot is 0.25 when comes to BB. -
      For me it is such a huge raise , like who could call it, only a big fish.

Ok,
      Maybe I will try to raise so much next time and see if people call so huge.
      Thanks for new point of view.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against ?
      - I just dont believe anyone without AA could call it, it's so huge.

Pot is 0.25 when comes to BB. -
      For me it is such a huge raise , like who could call it, only a big fish.

Ok,
      Maybe I will try to raise so much next time and see if people call so huge.
      Thanks for new point of view.
      Normal raise would be $0,45, we are doing $0,50. :D Why should it too big? That's just horrible reasoning you are giving out. And people only with AA Call there?!?! That's even worse. :(