10 Pound Bank Roll help.

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Background:

Hello , After a couple of months of playing online poker everyday for 1-2 hours , Learning the rules, Learning the tricks and Learning good strategies I plan to try and turn 10 Pounds ( 15 Dollars) In to a good sum of money in the next comming months. I don't dare say i know everything about poker however at the MICRO stakes i seem do it very well , however i struggle as i will make a good win and instantly go in to higher stakes and lose it.

Question:

This friday i plan to do deposit 15 Dollars in to my 888.com Poker account , However i need some Strict rules to go by so can someone please give me at least 3-5 Bankroll management rules or Laws that i must follow to try and make a profit? Thanks.
  • 14 replies
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      1 rule - deposit more
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      There are lots articles on bank roll management, what game are you playing? All of the strategy articles at all different game types give advice on what levels to play with each particular game :)

Roo
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      You wont be able to play in any sort of bankroll management way...but last week i done the same as you.. Put like $15 into my pokerstars account and played $0.50, 45man sngs. I grinded tohse until i reached $45. Now im playing a mix of 18 and 45 player $1.50 games. Currently at $60.

So my advice get learning some sng strategy and get to pokerstars where you will have like 30 buyins. Trust me the $0.50 are really easy if you've read up on sng strategy :)

If you have a hatred of any other site than 888 then i would probably play lowest stakes heads up sngs as variance is low in heads up. But i dont play 888 so dont know what games they offer
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dogma18
      So my advice get learning some sng strategy and get to pokerstars where you will have like 30 buyins. Trust me the $0.50 are really easy if you've read up on sng strategy :)
      Thanks for the response however if im going into a 45 man SNG arnt the chance of me getting in to the cash quite unlikely?
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/omaha/238/2/

I think it is well explained here.

The problem with a very small bankroll is that if you start with the wrong foot, you will lose it all pretty quickly. I'm having this problem right now, I deposited 20$ at pokerstars, bored to wait after my FTP bankroll and I am already 3BI under EV in 1300hands... So it is safer to deposit a bit more, like, at least, 20BI for the limit you want to play in case it goes wrong. If you cannot deposit more (and I understand that very well) you should play micro SnG like 0.25$/0.50$ BI until you build it enough to play comfortably at micro stakes CG. Now, I don't know if there are such micro SnG at 888, so I can't help you more than that.

GL at the tables!
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Yes you wont expect to win every one but with $15 you have 30 shots. If you win 3 of these which is very possible then you have an overall profit. Thats not forgetting the times when you finish 2nd-7th where you also get paid.

Need to emphasise also that the $0.50 are full of the worst kind of players in all of poker. A solid strategy makes these so easy
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      0.25 45/90 man sngs for now imo
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      NL2 full ring, playing SNGs with 15$ BR is absolutely moronic.

It's practically impossible to bust 7.5 buy-ins in NL2 if you play tag.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by c0wking

I've lost what your trying to say here?
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123

NL2 = No-Limit 1/2 cent

BR = bankroll

7.5 buy-ins = 7.5 stacks (2$ per stack) in 1/2 cent

TAG = tight-aggressive

Bust = lose your bankroll completely

Impossible to bust 7.5 BI's in NL2 playing tag takes into account you have to know how to play tag (basic/bronze articles).

It's not proper BRM (bankroll management) to play NL2 with 15$, but it's still way less variance than playing SNGs.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Making your first deposit will also enable you to play a first depositor's freeroll.

These can be good for a new player's bankroll indeed - I'm doing a 0 to hero challenge and increased my bankroll by $45 from two such tournaments(1 special pokerstrategy tournament, so do look out for those)
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xeonz123

NL2 = No-Limit 1/2 cent

BR = bankroll

7.5 buy-ins = 7.5 stacks (2$ per stack) in 1/2 cent

TAG = tight-aggressive

Bust = lose your bankroll completely

Impossible to bust 7.5 BI's in NL2 playing tag takes into account you have to know how to play tag (basic/bronze articles).

It's not proper BRM (bankroll management) to play NL2 with 15$, but it's still way less variance than playing SNGs.
      Ah thanks for that i understand that, i should do this until i got 100 Dollars to move up to NL4?
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Join the bss poker school and work through all the articles, videos and coachings for a few weeks before you play, I think this will help you loads. I know everyone says nl2 is really easy but its only easy if you have the knowledge behind you :)

Roo
    • deezer79
      deezer79
      Silver
      Originally posted by eteris
      1 rule - deposit more
      +1.

You won't be able to exercise good bankroll management in any game with that.