UTG+2 ($5.07)
      CO ($5)
      Hero ($5.17)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

UTG raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 9:club: J:spade: 5:club:

UTG bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.97) 9:club: J:spade: 5:club: T:club:

[color=red]UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75, UTG raises to $3.15, Hero ??

Would it always be standard to ship it here even against the min re raise?
      villain 16/14(95 hands) will add any further info if needed. Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: Why do you just call his 1/2 pot cbet? You give him good price for FD and also if some ugly cards come he won't put more money in the pot. Therefore I would raise it here to $0,85...we want to put all the money in on this flop. He definitely goes all in with his overpairs and 99.

Turn: If you played only call on the flop, why do you raise here? Is it for value? What can he lead for the second time and think you're so far ahead that you raise? You beat only sets of 9 and T and 5. Yeah, he could do it also with overpair with :club: . I think we're still ahead of his range and can go all in (if we raised him like you did). I would however prefer to only call and go for pot control. That's why it's so important to build the pot on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello morris979,

Flop: There is no way you can Call it here. Just raise and protect your hand from any kind of draw! If he has a hand he is going to pay you, if he hasn't he wont pay you anyways.

As played
      Turn: Well, after couple of draws completed, I don't really see any reason to raise it here, you ain't gonna do it for value here most likely. FD completed/SD completed. Rather just Call with the implied odds and hope to hit a FH on river. But ye well, as played you achieved what you wanted to achieve, should also have the answer for that but take a look at earlier player.

Best Regards.
    • morris979
      morris979
      Bronze
      Thank you for the replies. Very Infomative!