[NL2-NL10] NL5 AA ugly flop. Get min raised.

• morris979
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4)
      BB ($11.94)
      Hero ($5.32)
      UTG+1 ($1.62)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      CO ($12.52)
      BTN ($3.57)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.45) K:heart: Q:heart: T:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($1.45) K:heart: Q:heart: T:spade: 5:spade:

[color=red]SB bets $0.70 Hero ??

Villain 22/17/8.0/5.9 but only 56 hands. Pretty aggro guy for FR NL5. If we call here to his small turn follow up what's the plan for the river?? So many bad cards & I didn't like raising. Hate these spots. Would it be better to just check back flop and call down? I made my cbet on the small side hoping for folds but I think it's just bad looking back.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello morris979,

The first mistake you made was betting way too small on flop. I would definitely bet it bigger ~$0,34 at least. You just inducing him to raise against you with your small CBet.

But as played with your reads obviously we could even just 3bet it on flop. Although it would be kinda marginal. A lot of broadways did hit hardly there. I might even consider going for rather passive play and Call the flop and then most likely Call the turn as well for the given odds. He ain't gonna bet the river or shove the river anyways with a lot worse and practically evaluate the play there.

Another option would be even to raise the turn since his bet size just indicates rather a draw or weak hand there or maybe even a semi-bluff. It's really up to the opponent and the reads you had on him.

Best Regards.