SB: $10.05
      BB: $11.29
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $10.73
      MP: $10.33
      MP+1: $10.40

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has J:heart: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP raises to $0.45, fold, CO calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.95, 4 players) Q:heart: T:diamond: 6:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.97, Hero calls $0.97, fold, MP calls $0.97

Turn: ($4.86, 3 players) 7:spade:
      MP checks, CO bets $2.43, Hero calls $2.43, MP raises to $8.91, fold, fold

MP wins $11.55

Here is my reasoning behind this hand. Flopped an OESD, Called the raise of $0.97 into a $3 pot, just about correct Pot odds but missed the draw. CO then raises $2.39 making the total pot $7.20. At this point I was getting bad odds to call but it was obvious that CO had a good hand and would probably go all in on the river. He had around $9 remaining meaning I was only calling $2.43 in to a Pot which could potentially be worth $16... I obviously had to fold to the all in re-raise.

Is this the correct usage of Implied Pot Odds, I thought I could get all his chips and maybe even all of MP's chips if I hit the nut straight.

*Edit* I just realized that I only had 6 outs and not 8 as the A:diamond: 9:diamond: would be phantom outs. (I think I am using that term correctly)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: You have position but with calling you invite utg player to join. Against three players KJs fares very badly. I would just fold it preflop. If you hit K you won't be satisfied and if you hit J it won't be TPTK. So your only goal is to hit your flush (not nuts) or outplay 3 players.

Flop: It's not the best flop but you've got OESD. I think your call is justified here. If he cbetted more I would just fold it here. With 3 opponents in somebody might be chasing FD and also somebody might have some of your outs - A, K, 9. So you don't have so many outs as you think but much less.

Turn: It's and easy fold. Even with your explanation I don't find your arguments good. I don't see him going all in if A hits the board or even 9. You must know that there are definitely not 3 aces there for you (after preflop action), so getting the straight on the river is not that likely. Also, CO showed strength in a multiple pot so he's strong. At the same time you have 2 players behind who could go for c/r with sets. I don't think this is even close to calling. With so many unknown factors, folding should be first, the simplest, most obvious and only choice.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SnakeDoctor44,

Well, of course for the given odds flop is totally fine to Call. There is no way we are going to lay it down if we played it like that preflop. Preflop is also doable if you consider being able to lay down some kind of TP type of hands or bad draws like you had right in this case. Although while you ain't then rather fold it preflop.

But as played the turn there comes the problem, you have a FD possibility and also your implied odds ain't gonna be very good in this spot. Plus you have another guy behind you, for that reason rather just fold the hand while not getting correct implied odds with maybe at the best just 6 clean outs.

Best Regards.